Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week i took my 09 zr1 to the shop well it was towed because the clutch pedal was stuck to the floor the mechanic told me it was the master cylinder and it would be covered under warranty he then called me back to tell me the part was back ordered and that gm was switching distributors on the part and that he had filed a spat? i think and a swat on the car and that if they couldnt find a master cylinder that gm would pull one from assembly. I really dont want to go to much longer without my baby lol has anyone been through this or any idea how long this should take?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Have them rebuild the orig. MC instead of replace . There should be a rebuild kit available, aftermarket, most likely, you might have to spring for the kit and have dealer install? :pigsfly:

Or just wait,.. hope you got a loaner.:doh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
last week i took my 09 zr1 to the shop well it was towed because the clutch pedal was stuck to the floor the mechanic told me it was the master cylinder and it would be covered under warranty he then called me back to tell me the part was back ordered and that gm was switching distributors on the part and that he had filed a spat? i think and a swat on the car and that if they couldnt find a master cylinder that gm would pull one from assembly. I really dont want to go to much longer without my baby lol has anyone been through this or any idea how long this should take?
parkerzr1,

I'm sorry your part is a on back order. Please keep us updated on your situation.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts