Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear this is how GM did it.1st.install heater core.2nd decide what car to build.3d hide all screws,bolts and clips so as to forever laugh at our design. the seat has to come out,dash,wiring,instrument cluster cover,hush panel and don't forget the door to dash steel brace.What a bunch of fools! I've done GTO's mustangs,camaros trucks and even aircraft that were easier.Anyway, I still have to put it back in..Ha,Ha...The fun never ends.:nopity:

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I'm in Florida weather, heater core goes, bypassing that sucker! lol.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm in Florida weather, heater core goes, bypassing that sucker! lol.
If I didn't drive mine during the winter when weather permits, I'd probably bypass it also! LOL!

I started digging around under there yesterday evening a bit, checking out the lay of the land. I think I'm going to need a large supply of beer to get through this one. :food-smiley-019::doh:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
If I didn't drive mine during the winter when weather permits, I'd probably bypass it also! LOL!

I started digging around under there yesterday evening a bit, checking out the lay of the land. I think I'm going to need a large supply of beer to get through this one. :food-smiley-019::doh:
:rofl: I've seen a few pictures from the heater core job some members have posted(Mess of wires!!)....let' s just say, treat yourself to a few beers! Why not.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Because it takes SOOO long that you will be too drunk to remember where all those wires and parts go back to...it is hard enough when you are sober.

Several manufacturers came together and formed General Motors.
Durring the sixties and seventies they actually did fairly well.
In the late 70s they rearranged their designers to change the looks of the cars...These were the General Morons.
In the early 80s they rearranged the engineering staff to improve (???), these were the General Monkeys.
In the late 80s to early 90s they rearranged their assembly plants to build them faster and cheeper, These were the General Mutants.
Now they have lost lines and manufacturers, been raided by government mismanagement and bankruptcy lawyers but still refuse to change their heading to GMMM...The General Mutant Monkey Morons of America... And yet we all seem amazed that nothing fits right...As Bugs Bunny said, what a bunch of ultra maroons.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Because it takes SOOO long that you will be too drunk to remember where all those wires and parts go back to...it is hard enough when you are sober.

In the late 70s they rearranged their designers to change the looks of the cars...These were the General Morons.
In the early 80s they rearranged the engineering staff to improve (???), these were the General Monkeys.
In the late 80s to early 90s they rearranged their assembly plants to build them faster and cheeper, These were the General Mutants.
Now they have lost lines and manufacturers, been raided by government mismanagement and bankruptcy lawyers but still refuse to change their heading to GMMM...The General Mutant Monkey Morons of America... And yet we all seem amazed that nothing fits right...As Bugs Bunny said, what a bunch of ultra maroons.
LMAO! Too funny! I'll have ONE to settle my nerves before tearing in to it, I'll save the rest for after I'm done for the day to help me forget about the mess I found myself in! LOL!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If/when my heater core goes I'll get one of those 12v ceramic heaters and wire it in for winter use.

OR -- just use the electric heated vest I use for winter motorcycling. I'll tell my blue-lipped passengers to bring their own.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If/when my heater core goes I'll get one of those 12v ceramic heaters and wire it in for winter use.

OR -- just use the electric heated vest I use for winter motorcycling. I'll tell my blue-lipped passengers to bring their own.:thumbsup3:

And what do you intend to tell your windsheild when it is too fogged-up to see out of?

·
Registered
50 Posts
And what do you intend to tell your windsheild when it is too fogged-up to see out of?
If that happened -- and haven't seen it very often in this climate -- I'd run the window defrost fan to clear it. You don't need heat to make that condensation go away, just some moving air. Condensation is a frequent problem inside my motorycle helmet since breath goes directly onto the visor, but all I have to do is crack the visor a little to get some air in there.

For the car there's also the Scot Tissue wipe method. All in all, fogging would be a very minor consideration.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts

For the car there's also the Scot Tissue wipe method. All in all, fogging would be a very minor consideration.
:rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts