Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. I bought a 2002 Black on Black Z06 with 6,927 miles in MINT COND. While I store it in my garage for the winter should I have the tires off the floor, or just move it in and out each week like I do to run it outside for 20 mins or so. It's my baby so all of your thoughts will help. Thanks:thumbsup3:

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Welcome cory and congrats on your Z06. Dont store it, Drive it!!!I bet you wont be able to walk by her sitting there anyway. You will be tempted as she will be calling you as a puppy.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
treat it as a car , not a child
use it
when it breaks , fix it

I wouldn't worry about flatspotting the tires

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Did you get an extended warranty? If not get one as with your low milage will cost you about $1600 for a good one with Quality Guard.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Life's too short to put things off until a later date. Driver her until the wheels fall off. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats and make sure you post pics of her. I live in PA and I don't store mine. I start it once a week and leave it run for about 15 minutes to get to operating temperature. If the roads are clear of snow and crap I will take it out for a drive. I wouldn't worry about the tires. They will be fine. Enjoy!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree. Vettes are made to drive. Drive the **** out of it. Life is too short. I haven't had mine too long either and i can't stand not taking it out for a spin. Since i was only driving it on weekends i got a lower insurance rate for less than 7500 miles a year. I doubt i will be able to keep the miles below that though.:welcometoourcl

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeh, drive her when you can, you only live once. I drive all the time I can, my baby won't ever be at Barrett Jackson... flog her. lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank's everone!!

Thanks everone. Sorry for not getting back sooner, had some family things come up. And i do hate walking by it everday I go out to my truck, but we have had over 5ft. of the white stuff and the roads are full of salt and pot holes. I do want to drive it but will hold back till better weather. Hope to do some light mods in the spring, like Dual air intake - shifter - chip ext.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am in the camp of Drive that Vette all year round, cars are not suppose to sit around. Had my C3 out on Sunday as it was a nice sunny day here in Ontario, Vette is a little dirty but nothing a little soap and water won't fix.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts