Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking at these rims for sale, but I don't know if they will fit. His came off a 1999 vette. Sizes 18" x 9 1/2 and 17" x 8 1/2. Will they fit my 1998 vette? Any help is grateful.
Thanks.

·
Smokin Vendor
151 Posts
Hello, I'm looking at these rims for sale, but I don't know if they will fit. His came off a 1999 vette. Sizes 18" x 9 1/2 and 17" x 8 1/2. Will they fit my 1998 vette? Any help is grateful.
Thanks.
Yup, if the wheels came off a C5 non-Z06, they'll fit. The only issue would be brake caliper clearance if he had stock brakes and you had big brakes, you might hit the back of the spokes.

·
Smokin Vendor
151 Posts
Do you all sell a good deal of the Carbon fiber looking wheels?
Before SEMA, Savini sold a few, but after everyone saw the C/F wheels up close at SEMA (and learned that it's real carbon fiber, not a vinyl overlay/etc) we've been selling a bunch! I'll try and get some pictures up of the carbon wheels we've done recently :)

As always, PM me if you're interested in pictures, options, or pricing!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Before SEMA, Savini sold a few, but after everyone saw the C/F wheels up close at SEMA (and learned that it's real carbon fiber, not a vinyl overlay/etc) we've been selling a bunch! I'll try and get some pictures up of the carbon wheels we've done recently :)

As always, PM me if you're interested in pictures, options, or pricing!
They are solid C/F?

·
Smokin Vendor
151 Posts
They are solid C/F?
No, we decided not to pursue that. Dymag and now HRE have carbon barrels for their $10k/ea race wheels, but since our wheels are driven mostly on the street, we do a real 2x2 twill carbon fiber overlay all the way over the lip with the best UV-resistant resin, then buff it to a high gloss, at a fraction of the price. It's very durable, and looks fantastic.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No, we decided not to pursue that. Dymag and now HRE have carbon barrels for their $10k/ea race wheels, but since our wheels are driven mostly on the street, we do a real 2x2 twill carbon fiber overlay all the way over the lip with the best UV-resistant resin, then buff it to a high gloss, at a fraction of the price. It's very durable, and looks fantastic.
Thats cool!:rockon6rk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts