Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1986 corvette ran and idles good. It was overhauled in 2001. Used original injectors and kept completely stock. Fast forward to present. After removing from storage when driving, smelled gas. When checked found wet around back two injectors on drivers side. Decided maybe injectors need replaced. Purchased new injectors 22lb from corvette company. While replacing, I installed a new EGR valve and new pressure regulator. It has not run right since. Will not idle and fumes are very gassy. Checked fuel pressure and was running 50 psi. Suppose to be 39. Purchased another fuel pressure regulator and it was the same as the new one previously. Looked at the original and the spring is much lighter. Tried ordering from several places and continue to get the heavier spring regulator. I ended up installing the original again. It will now run but still will not idle. Driving down the road it seems to run good but when you slow down it wants to die. Replaced TPS, no better. Code is showing MAP sensor and O-2 sensor. Do not want to just continue to put in new parts if that is not the problem. Puzzling part is it idled and ran good before changing the injectors. Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts