Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pulling ym stock exhaust system down off of my 2013 Grand Sport and replacing it with a Corsa Extreme system...X pipe back to mufflers. The excited little boy in me wants to fire the car up for a minute with the old exhaust gone and see what and unrestricted 6.2L sounds like. Is there any harm in this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh, grow up!! LOL. Seriously.....I did it on my C5 for a little while just for fun and it didn't hurt a thing. I didn't get into reving it really loud or anything. Have at it but be nice to your neighbors :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
No, it won't hurt anything but your neighbor's ears. More than a few of us have taken the car out open headers for a test ride before bolting up the exhaust. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the sound of an unrestricted V8 LOL. I did end up firing it up for just a few seconds with the H-pipes dropped. What a sound! And now the new system is up and it sounds amazing. I cant wait to actually get out and drive. And the quad four inch tips look incredible. Thanks for the replys!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Big smile on my face over here. Congrats again on the X-Treme. NOW you have a Corvette that sounds like a true sports car. Just one more thing to note, any new exhaust will be a little on the raspy side when it is brand new because it is clean on the inside. Once the inside starts to carbon up a little bit it will smooth out slightly. Not a big change overall but just slightly. Give it about a thousand miles.:burnout:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I cant wait to put some miles on the new car. What a horrible thing...Ive got to drive my car to break in the new exhaust...gees! Lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Congrats on the X-Treme! You'll be very happy with your choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts