Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see what options are out there for low profile trailers that are reasonably priced. I've found a couple but they are so pricey. Are there any low profile trailers under or around $3000?

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
I'd like to see what options are out there for low profile trailers that are reasonably priced. I've found a couple but they are so pricey. Are there any low profile trailers under or around $3000?
I bought an Open low profile trailer that the axles slides forward to lower trailer. Corvette drives on no dragging the nose. You can open the door all the way and tie down car and then pull up to slide axle and lower trailer back down. I bought it used in Phoenix to pull Corvette home to Colorado after a construction job. $3,000.00 Used. I'm not home or I would post pics for you.
Mine has a winch on it too.:coffeetime::coffeetime:

·
Registered
532 Posts
That is one nice set up! How often are you actually using it?
The truck is my company vehicle and I drive it everyday; I have probably pulled the trailer around 200,000 miles. The trailer is a 1998 but looks like a new one; we repainted it with the Dupont Imron that we use on our delivery trucks and it came out real nice. The truck is so stout and the trailer pulls so well that you can almost forget that it is back there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The truck is my company vehicle and I drive it everyday; I have probably pulled the trailer around 200,000 miles. The trailer is a 1998 but looks like a new one; we repainted it with the Dupont Imron that we use on our delivery trucks and it came out real nice. The truck is so stout and the trailer pulls so well that you can almost forget that it is back there.
200,000!! You are a road warrior! So you ship cars or what are you guys loading up in that trailer?

·
Registered
532 Posts
200,000!! You are a road warrior! So you ship cars or what are you guys loading up in that trailer?
I am actually the Operations Manager for the second largest beer distributor in Texas and we have branches all over the state (Dallas;Houston; ElPaso; Denton; Fort Worth; Commerce; Palestine; Llano; Austin; San Antonio; Abilene; Weatherford) and I haul everything from sales vehicles to furniture. This is the most useful piece of equipment that I have and as you can tell by the mileage we have become very good friends.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
I use a open trailer for mine. Master Tow low profile, dual axle, 7000lb rating,electric brake. With my ground effects I can still drive right on with no problem.
Bought it new for $2200.00
http://www.mastertow.com/car_haulers.html

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meeting up with a seller this weekend that has a enclosed low profile car trailer for $2500. Going threw a divorce and selling a ton of stuff! Crossing fingers it's in good shape!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Montrose has some pretty cool designs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.