Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I gotta admit, I'm curious. What bushings are you guys cutting? And wouldn't it be easier to just buy the $50/set of lowering bolts?

·
Registered
600 Posts
On the front I turned my bolts as far as they'd go, equally on each side. On the rear, because they couldn't adjust down as far I cut one rib from each rear bolt bushing with a cable saw found in the plumbing section of Home Depot($5). This lowered my car about an inch all the way around. The 'bushing' is the black bumper covering the end of the suspension bolt.:thumbsup3: I've noticed no rubbing or ill effects from lowering my car.

Be sure and get an alignment after lowering and driving for about 100 miles. The reason I did it this way is that it was basically free and I enjoy doing clever things like this. Also, I had read about the aftermarket bolt bushings coming off after only a few hundred miles.

AFTER:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the same exact thing as Rob. Worked great for me also. Just be careful when having it realigned that the shop does not damage the rockers when putting it on the alignment rack because it is low. We needed to use 2x8s to extend the rack on the floor so as not to rub the rockers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts