Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen what looks like a vent line next to the gas line before the fuel pump. It's been blocked off. Can this cause problems? Where should this line go to so I can reconnect it.
I have a '68 with a 327.
Just another mystery of owning an older Corvette. Something new every week. :food-smiley-019:

Grumpy in Az

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Seen what looks like a vent line next to the gas line before the fuel pump. It's been blocked off. Can this cause problems? Where should this line go to so I can reconnect it.
I have a '68 with a 327.
Just another mystery of owning an older Corvette. Something new every week. :food-smiley-019:

Grumpy in Az

It goes to the vapor canister that is located behind your front left tire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problems

With the line being blocked does that cause a problem? Does the line help vent the gas tank?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Should not be a problem. Usual C3 vent is either the cap or on the upper left side of the tank.

It could also be a return line- if someone in the past replaced the fuel pump with a single line pump (no return) they could have just plugged it up.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
With the line being blocked does that cause a problem? Does the line help vent the gas tank?

The line on the left side is the vent line and the line on the right side is the return line. If the left side line has been plugged you likely have a vented cap on your tank. Without any vent your gas tank can collapse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts