Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a warning for high tire pressure yesterday. When I got home I checked all my tires and they all were 31 or 32 psi, and this is afte driving for nearly 40 minutes. So tires were a little warm.

As quickly as the warning came on it went off. What PSI will this warning get triggered?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I think the warning comes on at around 44psig.

Cold pressure is 30 psig so your pressures are even a bit low for 40 min of driving.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I try to keep mine around 34.

Below 30 and I get the warning.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I try to keep mine around 34.

Below 30 and I get the warning.
Did you change yours? The low pressure warning is supposed to come on at 24psig.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Did you change yours? The low pressure warning is supposed to come on at 24psig.
Really?

I can't remember. It's been months since I've even driven. Maybe I keep them at 30. I'm so confused. :toocrazy:

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Really?

I can't remember. It's been months since I've even driven. Maybe I keep them at 30. I'm so confused. :toocrazy:
30 psig cold is the base temp for our cars.

Time to quit guessing :D

The Service Manual gives the following information:

When the TPM system detects pressure above 42 psi the HIGH TIRE PRESSURE warning message is displayed
When the TPM system detects pressure between 5 and 25 psi the LOW TIRE PRESSURE warning message is displayed
When the TPM system detects pressure below 5 psi the FLAT TIRE warning message is displayed.

44 psi is the max tire inflation pressure for the GY Supercar F1s

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
You can't change the warning points can you?
No, they are cast in stone. Actually, you probably can if you have access to the right programming tools, but I don't know anyone making the tools for the RCDLR and BCM.

As I posted above - these are the figures that are in the service manual:
When the TPM system detects pressure above 42 psi the HIGH TIRE PRESSURE warning message is displayed
When the TPM system detects pressure between 5 and 25 psi the LOW TIRE PRESSURE warning message is displayed
When the TPM system detects pressure below 5 psi the FLAT TIRE warning message is displayed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts