Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Short answer: You can leave the front wheels alone. Watch to make sure your back tires maintain the same overall diameter as you currently have.

Long answer: Unless you are mainly drag racing, I'd move up to 18x10 on the front and put 275s on. Match the tires if you're trying to keep the understeer/oversteer the same as now.

I have 18x10 and 19x11 rims (+1" from stock front and rear). 19x12 would be better, but I don't have a widebody. If you're really looking for better grip, consider putting 18" rims in the back. People who race or have serious power go with 18" on the back and step up to r compound tires

·
Registered
23,209 Posts
Inasmuch as stock C6 (non Z06, ZR1 or GS) wheels (19x10) don't come in wide body size (19x12) and therefore don't match the front wheels, I bought new rims that matched; I left the size of the front rims the same. That was done 4 years ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't get your response. I'm looking to put the Z06 rear wide body kit with rims and tires and leave the front as is. Explain your short answer regarding the overall diameter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
need some advice

I want to install z06 rear fenders on my c6 stock. I know that my wheels are going to be in too far and will throw off the look. Has anyone every had any experience with 2" WHEEL ADAPTER (SPACER) 5 x 4.75. Need some feedback on the safety aspect of this product. Will only be on the car for a few months until I need tires then will replace with Z06 tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts