Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,566 Posts
Short answer: You can leave the front wheels alone. Watch to make sure your back tires maintain the same overall diameter as you currently have.

Long answer: Unless you are mainly drag racing, I'd move up to 18x10 on the front and put 275s on. Match the tires if you're trying to keep the understeer/oversteer the same as now.

I have 18x10 and 19x11 rims (+1" from stock front and rear). 19x12 would be better, but I don't have a widebody. If you're really looking for better grip, consider putting 18" rims in the back. People who race or have serious power go with 18" on the back and step up to r compound tires

· Registered
20,530 Posts
Inasmuch as stock C6 (non Z06, ZR1 or GS) wheels (19x10) don't come in wide body size (19x12) and therefore don't match the front wheels, I bought new rims that matched; I left the size of the front rims the same. That was done 4 years ago.

· Registered
4 Posts
need some advice

I want to install z06 rear fenders on my c6 stock. I know that my wheels are going to be in too far and will throw off the look. Has anyone every had any experience with 2" WHEEL ADAPTER (SPACER) 5 x 4.75. Need some feedback on the safety aspect of this product. Will only be on the car for a few months until I need tires then will replace with Z06 tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.