Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help...put in a new clutch (Monster stage3), 390 gears, and a Pfadt tranny brace, but I'm still getting wheel hop. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Slow down?

:2ni19wj:

·
Registered
16 Posts
One of the last components which allow your drivetrain to shake are the motor mounts. Get the Pfadt motor mounts (PIA to install). I have the Pfadt diff brace/Pfadt motor mounts/Bilstein HD shocks/lowering bolts and I get zero wheel hop. The car is raced a ton in fall and spring.

·
Smokin Vendor
59 Posts
I would suggest starting with the Pfadt poly control arm bushings, they will greatly reduce the deflection in the suspension and allow you to put the power to the ground. They really minimize the rear toe-in under hard acceleration allowing you to utilize more of your HP. The next and equally important mod would be the Pfadt engine mounts, a lot of the time what you're feeling isn't wheel hop but powertrain shake. I've had a lot of experience figuring out what was really going on and most of the time the engine mounts and trans brace did the trick but C-Arm bushings also helped.

C5 Bushing Kit

C5 Engine Mounts

From there I would suggest the Pfadt inverted Sport Shocks, they offer 16 points of damping adjustment and are a huge upgrade in terms of ride quality and performance. If you set them at 6-8 for the street you'll have a smoother more composed ride quality, turn them up to 12-14 and it is a completely different animal! I've driven a lot of miles on these shocks and they are awesome!!!

Inverted Sport Shocks

Please feel free to call, email or Pm me anytime with questions. We're offering some outstanding deals on Pfadt products right now! Aside from Pfadt themselves I have a ton of experience building and setting up some of the fastest Vette's in the country, I used to work for Pfadt Racing as the Operations Manager and now I own JDP Motorsports here in Sandy, Utah. Have a great weekend and I look forward to talking with you!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would suggest starting with the Pfadt poly control arm bushings, they will greatly reduce the deflection in the suspension and allow you to put the power to the ground. They really minimize the rear toe-in under hard acceleration allowing you to utilize more of your HP. The next and equally important mod would be the Pfadt engine mounts, a lot of the time what you're feeling isn't wheel hop but powertrain shake. I've had a lot of experience figuring out what was really going on and most of the time the engine mounts and trans brace did the trick but C-Arm bushings also helped.

C5 Bushing Kit

C5 Engine Mounts

From there I would suggest the Pfadt inverted Sport Shocks, they offer 16 points of damping adjustment and are a huge upgrade in terms of ride quality and performance. If you set them at 6-8 for the street you'll have a smoother more composed ride quality, turn them up to 12-14 and it is a completely different animal! I've driven a lot of miles on these shocks and they are awesome!!!

Inverted Sport Shocks

Please feel free to call, email or Pm me anytime with questions. We're offering some outstanding deals on Pfadt products right now! Aside from Pfadt themselves I have a ton of experience building and setting up some of the fastest Vette's in the country, I used to work for Pfadt Racing as the Operations Manager and now I own JDP Motorsports here in Sandy, Utah. Have a great weekend and I look forward to talking with you!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
The engine mounts are the same for the C6's right? those look like the ones we put on my buddys 2007.

·
Smokin Vendor
59 Posts
The engine mounts are the same for the C6's right? those look like the ones we put on my buddys 2007.
That is correct, a lot of the parts carry over from C5 to C6 but not everything. The engine mounts fit all models including the C6 Z06. Please feel free to call, email or Pm me anytime with questions. Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Jordan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts