Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 87, lookin to upgrade it. Wondering what I should do... Got a L98 in there at the moment, now I'm looking to drop a newer engine in there....something like a LS1 at the Least bit...but I'm open to all different ideas...want a loud, fast and bad *** engine under the hood....what do u suggest? Money is an option so cheapest way possible is most likely

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Got an 87, lookin to upgrade it. Wondering what I should do... Got a L98 in there at the moment, now I'm looking to drop a newer engine in there....something like a LS1 at the Least bit...but I'm open to all different ideas...want a loud, fast and bad *** engine under the hood....what do u suggest? Money is an option so cheapest way possible is most likely
I will always remember the sign behind the cash register at the camera and photography shop I used to frequent;

"Quality is like buying oats. If you want clean, fresh oats you have to pay a fair price. However, if you want oats that have already been through the horse, they come a little cheaper."

·
Registered
799 Posts
How are you turning wrenches? Doing the work yourself will save a lot. Your L98 has quite a bit of potential, using the existing engine would definitely save you some cash as opposed to an engine swap.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maybe consider using your existing L98 but turn it into a 383? A higher rear end gear ratio will also put the power to the ground better if you're looking for off the line acceleration. With the right performance heads, cam etc. you ought to be able to make plenty of power with that yet still look basically stock and have somewhat of a sleeper :burnout:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts