Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this be offered with a 427 engine or is it coming with just a 416 LS3 motor? We are thinking about upgrading from the 2006 into something with a little more power. I really like the look of those new Grand Sports also.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
The Grand Sport gets two versions of the LS3. The manual coupes with the dry sump system have the LS3 built at the Wixom Performance build center for the dry sump package. The non-dry sump system cars will have the same LS3 as the non Grand Sport cars.

There are no optional engines and there will not be a 427 for the Grand Sport.

Horse power will be the same on both 430/436.

If you want more power and you like the widebody look the Z06 is your best bang for the buck choice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Grand Sport gets two versions of the LS3. The manual coupes with the dry sump system have the LS3 built at the Wixom Performance build center for the dry sump package. The non-dry sump system cars will have the same LS3 as the non Grand Sport cars.

There are no optional engines and there will not be a 427 for the Grand Sport.

Horse power will be the same on both 430/436.

If you want more power and you like the widebody look the Z06 is your best bang for the buck choice.
We thought about the Z06 but really like how the Grand Sport looks over the Z06. Z06 is really nice, but Grand Sport is a "10", was just hoping for a little more power. Then again we can always just add that later.

BTW thanks!

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
We thought about the Z06 but really like how the Grand Sport looks over the Z06. Z06 is really nice, but Grand Sport is a "10", was just hoping for a little more power. Then again we can always just add that later.

BTW thanks!
Buy a Z06 and put Grand Sport front quarters on it. Otherwise, they are completely identical with the exception of the ability to remove the roof panel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy a Z06 and put Grand Sport front quarters on it. Otherwise, they are completely identical with the exception of the ability to remove the roof panel.
Oh, didn't even think about that. I wonder if a Z06 could be ordered with the Grand Sport fenders on the car? There for don't need to waste money on Z06 fenders when those aren't the ones we really like the most.

I'm thinking GM wouldn't do this, most likely would have to be a mod down the road, then just sell the Z06 fenders for as much as we can get for them.

:patriot: :cheers:

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Oh, didn't even think about that. I wonder if a Z06 could be ordered with the Grand Sport fenders on the car? There for don't need to waste money on Z06 fenders when those aren't the ones we really like the most.

I'm thinking GM wouldn't do this, most likely would have to be a mod down the road, then just sell the Z06 fenders for as much as we can get for them.

GM wouldn't do that. You would be on your own for the new fenders. You could do pretty well with the Z fenders as they are carbon fiber.

·
Registered
262 Posts

I'm guessing you will have no problem selling the Z06 fenders :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts

BTW thanks!
They are identical in the looks department!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts