Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this loop on the seatbelt for?

loop.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
the stiching in the loop breaks if you are in a hard enough impact and keeps the seat belt from inflicting injury. We have had several of them come in here that way. Though most of them i have seen have the seatbelt doubbled back on itself lower down...

·
Registered
346 Posts
And I thought it was extra belt material for people that grow to need it. Just break the stitching and wala! an extra 4 inches.Think I'm going to need it after the large extra cheese and pepperoni pie tonight, urrrp!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Impact indicator. Strong enough activation breaks the stitching making the belt too long to use again.
I asked an insurance analyst about it once, and he told me that it takes a pretty hard whollop to break it loose. Chances are that the car would be totaled, but it keeps someone from parting out a used/compromised belt.

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
Impact indicator. Strong enough activation breaks the stitching making the belt too long to use again.
I asked an insurance analyst about it once, and he told me that it takes a pretty hard whollop to break it loose. Chances are that the car would be totaled, but it keeps someone from parting out a used/compromised belt.
Wow thats something I never new.Good info.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the stiching in the loop breaks if you are in a hard enough impact and keeps the seat belt from inflicting injury. We have had several of them come in here that way. Though most of them i have seen have the seatbelt doubbled back on itself lower down...
loop 2.jpg

I didn't look at it that close- looks like we have a winner! :woowoo:

And here I thought there was a factory option for "triple fat" people .....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2003 Coupe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts