Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious on what everyone else thinks of the audio system that comes stock from GM. Compared to other factory stereo's I'm about a 6, 7 tops. I think the amp used could have cleaned up the signal a little, this would produce clearer sound quality. Just my 2 cents, what about you?

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
You are probably right. I should state that I am no audiophile but the audio in my '05 sounds just fine to me and is certainly loud enough for my taste. At the end of the day the Corvette design goals center around performance, weight savings and value pretty much in that order. Nothing that adds weight or cost without adding to performance were questioned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No highs... No lows... Must be BOSE.
BOSE is terrible. They're overpriced, use too much power for little sound, and distort way to easily.
BOSE was Genius in how they marketed they're product make it expensive and people will think it has to be good.
Terrible speakers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You are probably right. I should state that I am no audiophile but the audio in my '05 sounds just fine to me and is certainly loud enough for my taste. At the end of the day the Corvette design goals center around performance, weight savings and value pretty much in that order. Nothing that adds weight or cost without adding to performance were questioned.
I agree 100%. :iagree:
Besides, I would rather listen to the horses under my hood anyway! It plays my kind of music~

:patriot:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bose make a "OK" car stereo at best, I do prefer my Bose home theater surround sound better though :patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Mine is fine, but after a lifetime of shooting and flying airplanes, I am probably not the best judge of sound.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was quite disappointed with the quality of the stereo sound in my 2006 Vette. However, the version in my 2009 is much improved and quite acceptable, although not the best around.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I think the oem is fine for my part, Im more into the fun of driving the vette's just my 2 pennies :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I replaced mine, even budget brand BOSS is way better IMO

BOSE in middle---what is that fabric stretched over the plastic...yep. no magnet in back

Road Rage amps

Generic sub

·
Registered
300 Posts
No highs... No lows... Must be BOSE.
BOSE is terrible. They're overpriced, use too much power for little sound, and distort way to easily.
BOSE was Genius in how they marketed they're product make it expensive and people will think it has to be good.
Terrible speakers.
I agree.
I still play vinyl and my home stereo is nearly all class A equipment, both tubed and solid state. I know a bit about 2 channel audio (another semi-unaffordable hobby).
The sounds that come out of the Bose system in my car are not musical, accurate or even pleasant. (there are many systems that are not accurate but listenable and somewhat pleasant)
Example: I removed the rear 5.25" speakers to replace them and found plain paper, undoped and uncoated PAPER speakers similar to what you might find in a $15 clock radio.
Shame on GM for allowing this garbage in the Corvette. I feel like the Bose is a total rip off and I'm pissed that I have to replace the entire system after paying a premium for it.
Hello GM? Are you listening? Get rid of BOSE!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
My 2000 Coupe (C5) came stock with the Delco/Bose system. The system sounds horrible as is. I took out the head unit and installed a Pioneer single din unit model #DEH-P6000UB I used the special interface wiring kit that my local car stereo shop sold to me in order to preserve the use of the original amps and subwoofers installed in the door so I am essentially still using the stock system except for the head unit. I chose the Pioneer because it offers extensive EQ'ing capabilties within its menus. The system sounds pretty good now especially at louder volumes due to the subs in the doors and the ability to enhance the highs with the EQ. Of course it can always sound better but for now this setup is working well for me. I also have the added flexibility of using a USB drive with the Pioneer so I have endless amounts of music to choose from while taking those long drives. The original head unit only had a radio and a (single) CD player. I was told by the guy at the car stereo shop that the original "Delco/Bose" system is really a Delco manufactured system in its entirety including the door subs and the speakers. He told me that it is just a licensing thing and that Bose doesn't make any mobile electronics other than headphones. Bose approves the design, Delco pays the licensing fees and then manufactures it and then they can put that impressive little "Bose" medallion on the speakers but it's still a Sh$%^ty Delco system. Anyway, rambling on.....Sorry........

·
Registered
248 Posts
BSE56-----Just read your post right above mine. My feelings exactly..... Alot of stuff out there that is better than Bose. Too pricey and doesn't sound very good. Have you ever listened to that "Wave" radio? Gaaaawd!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Disturbed song "stricken" sounded great, so thats all that mattered to me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bose has never made a good speaker, home or auto.
They must have some devil-made deal with GM.
:smack:

I can build twice the system of any Bose for half the price or less.

I've replaced the head unit and the speakers are next.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I think the stock stereo system is acceptable. I would give it an 8 out of 10.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
An audiophile I am not. Since I am partially deaf in one ear and the eardrum in the other was blown out when the truck I was driving in Vietnam got bombed, plus the interference by wind noise and road hum, the factory system is adequate for my needs. After all, I didn't buy the car for the sound system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have no Idea if the radio in my 09 coupe is trash or excellent or some where in between. And as long as I have the Goodyear runflats on the car I will not waste my money on a different radio. With this poor excuse for a set of tires you can't even cary on a conversation without shouting. :soapbox:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have no Idea if the radio in my 09 coupe is trash or excellent or some where in between. And as long as I have the Goodyear runflats on the car I will not waste my money on a different radio. With this poor excuse for a set of tires you can't even cary on a conversation without shouting. :soapbox:
Have you thought about changing to a different tire?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts