Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is considered high miles on a C6? Let's say a 2007? 2009?

I'm shopping for a Corvette. Looking for that perfect deal and have been meaning to ask this question.

Thanks!
-B

·
Registered
433 Posts
i would be more concerned about the condition of the interior/exterior, full maintenance records, and any modifications made to the vehicle:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great Deal, Low Miles

I purchased a buy back 2009 Corvette from my Chevy Dealer. GM has a gurantee if you don't like the car, you can give it back for a full refund. There was nothing wrong with the car the previous owner lost his job. The window sticker was 66,500, he purchaed the car for 61,300. I purchaed the car with 900 miles 3 weeks later for 39,000 and didn't have to pay a license fee as it was sold as a used car. I received the full warantee along with a special price to purchase the extended warantee for 7 years or 84,000 miles, check with your Chevy dealer on returns.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i would be more concerned about the condition of the interior/exterior, full maintenance records, and any modifications made to the vehicle:thumbsup:
:iagree: but then also would agree with Designerrob "07': 20K miles and 09': 7K miles. "

·
Registered
600 Posts
I purchased a buy back 2009 Corvette from my Chevy Dealer. GM has a gurantee if you don't like the car, you can give it back for a full refund. There was nothing wrong with the car the previous owner lost his job. The window sticker was 66,500, he purchaed the car for 61,300. I purchaed the car with 900 miles 3 weeks later for 39,000 and didn't have to pay a license fee as it was sold as a used car. I received the full warantee along with a special price to purchase the extended warantee for 7 years or 84,000 miles, check with your Chevy dealer on returns.
WOW, one hell of a deal!:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
My 07 must be extremly high miliage....56,000.:food-smiley-019:

But it is in perfect condition, all maint records etc. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Normal mileage might depend upon where the cars are located. In cold climate locations, like Nebraska, we can only drive our cars about half of the year. Therefore 7500 miles per year might be normal. In warmer climates you can double that. For example, my 2005 has 33,000 miles, Wayback's 2007 has 56,000 miles and he is located in Texas.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Years ago I had a Toyota pickup with 388,700 miles on it. I thought that was a tad on the high side. :beerbang:
Had you kept it and full of oil, it most likely would have gone further. I've heard of 1,000,000+ mile Toyota's on the road. Amazing when you really think about it.

Makes you wonder how many miles, on average a person will drive in their life time?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
High miles is relative. There's no reason not to daily drive the car and rack up the miles. However, if I were in the market to buy one, I'd be looking at cars with 5,000 or less miles per year. There are lots of well waxed, grandma driven garage queens around so I'm willing to pay a little (not a ton) extra for one because the supply is so large.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
High miles is relative. There's no reason not to daily drive the car and rack up the miles. However, if I were in the market to buy one, I'd be looking at cars with 5,000 or less miles per year. There are lots of well waxed, grandma driven garage queens around so I'm willing to pay a little (not a ton) extra for one because the supply is so large.
:iagree: 5,000 miles per year and under is pretty good

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I agree with Ragtop that milage is relative. To me, Given the quality of LS engines, I'd say 20k is still low milage and 50k is mid-range. I had a 97LT-1 Camaro with 140k before I changed out the engine. In fact, my next car will be a high-milage Zo6 with 50k miles or more. I would agree with others here too that the overall condition, how well it runs and maintenance records are just as, if not more imporant. If you were to buy a used vette, you could always take the car to a shop and have the dealer agree to pay for any needed repairs.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
My 08 must have high mileage. I have 30,000 on it. However, it looks just as good or better than the day I bought it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Get on some of the automotive sale websites and peruse the offerings. You'll get an idea of how much people want for how many miles, options, etc. for your area.
Once you look at 50 or 60 vehicles/miles/prices, you'll get an idea of what's a good deal and what may be overpriced.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, this is an old thread, but let's see if we can revive it. I'm new to corvette shopping. Long time fan, and finally in a position to have my 'extra' car. I enjoy working on cars and tinkering now and then so I am not afraid of a car that can use some maintenance or replacement parts. So here is the deal: I'm looking at 2007 C6, auto with 150k miles. Too many miles? What should I be looking for in terms or worn parts or walk away signs.

·
Super Moderator
5,916 Posts
Wow, this is an old thread, but let's see if we can revive it. I'm new to corvette shopping. Long time fan, and finally in a position to have my 'extra' car. I enjoy working on cars and tinkering now and then so I am not afraid of a car that can use some maintenance or replacement parts. So here is the deal: I'm looking at 2007 C6, auto with 150k miles. Too many miles? What should I be looking for in terms or worn parts or walk away signs.
Whats the price?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts