Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those with a LS2's would you please post up what your car based lined at HP and TQ please? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Back in the day - when I had an LS2 - it Dynoed at 353 RWHP.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Thanks for all the information. Now you bring up dyno's, what is the most accurate?
Don't trust a dyno to be "accurate". It is just a tuning tool; you do a baseline, then you make changes, and you use the dyno to determine if your changes worked and then optimise the tune based on what the dyno is telling you. Its a TOOL, not a precision instrument.

·
Smokin Vendor
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
A dyno will not "correctly" show which car is faster down the strip in any way. HP numbers are for the braggers not the runners! Give me a good driver with a few bolt ons and a good tune and I will bet my money on the car he's driving, not the numbers shown from a dyno chart! Besides, the dyno can't show how good a car shifts or the correct amount of air/tempatures an engine gets going down the strip. track/road conditions, tires, to many other obsticles. It takes a lot of HP to make up the difference between the above factors, so 20, 30, or even 50HP just does not mean much in my eyes!

·
Smokin Vendor
1,746 Posts
A dyno will not "correctly" show which car is faster down the strip in any way. HP numbers are for the braggers not the runners! Give me a good driver with a few bolt ons and a good tune and I will bet my money on the car he's driving, not the numbers shown from a dyno chart! Besides, the dyno can't show how good a car shifts or the correct amount of air/tempatures an engine gets going down the strip. track/road conditions, tires, to many other obsticles. It takes a lot of HP to make up the difference between the above factors, so 20, 30, or even 50HP just does not mean much in my eyes!
I'm gonna like this place.......:friday::beer-fresh:

Dynos are just another tool, not a scale. I've seen people pick up .5 sec on the track, by tweaking their suspension. There's a wholistic approach to setting up a car, and about 30% of that comes off the dyno.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts