Chevy Corvette Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
After I got my first 'Vette in 2006 a friend asked what the bruises were on my arm. I had to tell him it was from pinching myself while driving to see if I was dreaming or really had the 'Vette I had dreamed about for more than 40 years.

·
Registered
703 Posts
not me.....

I drove the crap out of it, went to the base shop and started grinding away at the body to fit N50s in at the rear. I ended up flaring the wheelwells and totally screwed up the car as far as value, but it looked pretty good, so I thought. Sure would have been better to have kept it stock, but it was used, had been in a crash and body panels had been repaired, etc., so it was far from cherry but a pretty good price and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I drove the crap out of it, went to the base shop and started grinding away at the body to fit N50s in at the rear. I ended up flaring the wheelwells and totally screwed up the car as far as value, but it looked pretty good, so I thought. Sure would have been better to have kept it stock, but it was used, had been in a crash and body panels had been repaired, etc., so it was far from cherry but a pretty good price and a lot of fun.
:iagree: you and me both. I found myself driving to places I would normally walk to! ha ha ha

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
When I got my first Vette, I put a sound monitor in the garage so I could hear if anyone tried to break in and mess with it.
There was more than one night that I went out just to make sure all was OK.
I never left it out in public out of my sight for more than an hour at a time.
That was 35 years and a few Vettes ago, I'm not as paranoid as I once was, but my current Vette is never left in public parking lots.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sent a pic text to my wife that asked if she liked our, i mean my, new purchase. she eventually got over it, but it cost me dearly. new dining room suit and new living room furniture.

·
Registered
703 Posts
worn clutch

Right after getting my used '66 427/425, the clutch was so worn that one day, on base at MCAS Cherry Point, I had gone over a little bump when parking it and when trying to leave, it would not go over the bump. I put the car in reverse, let the clutch out, got out of the car, pushed it back over the bump and jumped back into the car. Then, both mufflers rusted off and I drove on the base with no mufflers for a while until my XO made me do something about it. On another day, we had a Las Vegas day where we all gambled and drank on the squadron's property and the next day, the XO noticed a lot of dirt and green turf under my car. He had also noticed rubber streaks leading into a field at the first turn leaving our area.... Just glad I did not roll it when I went into that field sideways. My last day on base, a Friday, I got in trouble with the "Ps" for speeding at a HIGH rate. So, as Personnel Officer, I took my orders that said I was to leave for overseas the next Monday, rolled my date stamp to Monday's date, stamped myself out and got outta there! Earlier, I had gotten into trouble for a couple speeding tickets and lost my North Carolina driving privileges for a month. So, since I had to get in some training anyway and was Personnel Officer, I sent myself to beautiful Puerto Rico for six weeks in the winter which totally covered the one month penalty. It was all a good part of growing up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I don't feel as weird now. Just got my first vette in April and have done almost all of those things described so far. I've also installed a epoxy based floor in my garage. Let's face it these cars are amazing and we love them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had went on a long road trip, detailed the car like 20 times that week, and camped out in the garage. OK, I didn't camp in the garage :rofl:

I did buy my first mod during week number 1, I had the windows tinted and picked up set of Lloyd mats.

Anyone else buy a mod during week number one?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I had went on a long road trip, detailed the car like 20 times that week, and camped out in the garage. OK, I didn't camp in the garage :rofl:

I did buy my first mod during week number 1, I had the windows tinted and picked up set of Lloyd mats.

Anyone else buy a mod during week number one?
yes I had then install side pipes on her before i pulled it off the lot. only thing I did to the 74.Did the same to the c5 Had them paint and add my rear spolier to her. I did nothing to my c4.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yes I had then install side pipes on her before i pulled it off the lot. only thing I did to the 74.Did the same to the c5 Had them paint and add my rear spolier to her. I did nothing to my c4.
How many miles you pushing on that C5 of yours? Did I read last year you had something like 175,000 miles on it? Anything new with that amazing paint job you have?

·
Registered
2002 Base Corvette Coupe A4 Magnetic Red with Light Oak Interior
1 Posts
I was 21, bought a 1964 vert, 327/365 and drove the snott out of it

·
Registered
1 Posts
my first was a 1966 427 4speed side pipes convert i kept newspapers on floor just to keep it clean man it was wonderfull iv had a 58/62/66/68/75/89/96 and i still have a 76/93 and just bought a wonderwull 2009 convert

21 - 34 of 34 Posts