Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I weird or what? I recently bought my first Corvette and find myself out in my garage more these days. After dinner I'll just open up the garage door and take a peak. In the morning while sipping coffee, news and getting ready for work, I'll open up the garage to take a peak.

What a hot car. I think I've wiped this thing down every couple days since I bought it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quite similar response to my co-worker who bought his first after many years of wanting a Corvette. He found himself getting up at 1-3 AM and sitting in his garage just staring at it until daybreak. That's LUV man!!:welcometoourcl

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quite similar response to my co-worker who bought his first after many years of wanting a Corvette. He found himself getting up at 1-3 AM and sitting in his garage just staring at it until daybreak. That's LUV man!!:welcometoourcl
That is love for your car! I enjoy the car, but that you find me sitting in the garage till daybreak :food-smiley-021:

However I did wash the car a couple times a week.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hum what I did when I bought my first vette?
It was a 1974 stingray Maroon with sidepipes. I paid cash for it. First thing I did was drive it to my sisters house :duel:She always dreamed of owning a Camaro. :smilielol5: I one up'ed her. Now Im on my 3rd vette and she has a volvo :MG_121:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I drove it and enjoyed it!

Quantico, Virginia is home to Marine Corps Basic School, where new officers learn how to be leaders of Marines. Some older enlisted Marines preyed upon us young butterbars by having used sports cars and sporty cars for sale at their local dealer lots. They would throw us the keys and even let us have them for the weekend, giving some extra money for gas, if needed. They knew they would hook most of us and they did. I, however, was smarter than the others and just took the cars for weekends, never planning to buy. Timing for a purchase was terrible. We were all about to go overseas for many months. I borrowed and thoroughly enjoyed some of the original Z28s and GTOs and many now-classic Vettes but they could not hook me .......... until I saw them pull a silver 1966 427/425 roadster out of their carwash. It was a Tuesday night and I had just brought back a 1967 dark green 427/435 coupe with sidepipes but one was smoking. I was HOOKED! So they suggested I finance through Navy Federal Credit Union, which I had never heard of, so they took my info and got my app going (this was LATE Tuesday) and Thursday a.m., a check was in my mailbox. That was faster than the car was!!!!!! I enjoyed that roadster for many years. Later, I bought a new 1976 then a new 1980, so it was 30 years I waited to get my current 2010, which is substantialy nicer than any of my previous ones except I miss the convertible top which I could lower in four seconds. My current small bock is much better than the old big block and now I have two more gears, much better brakes and suspension and CofD, too. AND I actualy get good mlieage.... WOT uh KONTREEEE!!!!!!!! Sadly, I was young and stupid and customized and abused that first Corvette, but it was good to me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hum what I did when I bought my first vette?
It was a 1974 stingray Maroon with sidepipes. I paid cash for it. First thing I did was drive it to my sisters house :duel:She always dreamed of owning a Camaro. :smilielol5: I one up'ed her. Now Im on my 3rd vette and she has a volvo :MG_121:
C5Chk... you mean you're on your 3rd Vette and she has another Ho-Hum :seeya:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Quantico, Virginia is home to Marine Corps Basic School, where new officers learn how to be leaders of Marines. Some older enlisted Marines preyed upon us young butterbars by having used sports cars and sporty cars for sale at their local dealer lots. They would throw us the keys and even let us have them for the weekend, giving some extra money for gas, if needed. They knew they would hook most of us and they did. I, however, was smarter than the others and just took the cars for weekends, never planning to buy. Timing for a purchase was terrible. We were all about to go overseas for many months. I borrowed and thoroughly enjoyed some of the original Z28s and GTOs and many now-classic Vettes but they could not hook me .......... until I saw them pull a silver 1966 427/425 roadster out of their carwash. It was a Tuesday night and I had just brought back a 1967 dark green 427/435 coupe with sidepipes but one was smoking. I was HOOKED! So they suggested I finance through Navy Federal Credit Union, which I had never heard of, so they took my info and got my app going (this was LATE Tuesday) and Thursday a.m., a check was in my mailbox. That was faster than the car was!!!!!! I enjoyed that roadster for many years. Later, I bought a new 1976 then a new 1980, so it was 30 years I waited to get my current 2010, which is substantialy nicer than any of my previous ones except I miss the convertible top which I could lower in four seconds. My current small bock is much better than the old big block and now I have two more gears, much better brakes and suspension and CofD, too. AND I actualy get good mlieage.... WOT uh KONTREEEE!!!!!!!! Sadly, I was young and stupid and customized and abused that first Corvette, but it was good to me.

The best thing you've ever written here, I very much enjoyed the story. You're much more pleasent when you play nice.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Instead of just staring at it, since I was in the garage anyway, I got about 5 coats of Zaino on it in the first 10 days. Did a lot of nooks a crannies too including waxing the rockers, the underside of the nose, inside the doors and other fun places.
Made a nice difference in appearance and ease of maintenance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Get used to it, you'll look back 2 or 3 times when walking away from it in a parking lot. Drive by windows just to see yourself, and taking longer to wash because you keep stepping back to see how it looks.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I had to hold myself from driving it when I didn't need to!! I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wash it every so often on Fridays when it doesn't plan to rain. I also have enjoyed each and every single drive in it!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Am I weird or what? I recently bought my first Corvette and find myself out in my garage more these days. After dinner I'll just open up the garage door and take a peak. In the morning while sipping coffee, news and getting ready for work, I'll open up the garage to take a peak.

What a hot car. I think I've wiped this thing down every couple days since I bought it!
I am on my fourth Vette, and I still do that.:rofl:

Welcome to the ADDICTION!!!
:iagree:

·
Registered
280 Posts

:cheers:I bought mine back in May and i have done the exact same thing. I made on average ten to fifteen trips to the garage daily i would find myself sitting in the garage more than i ever remember just staring at the car. same thing with washing waxing and detailing the car..more than any other car i owned. I had some nice cars in the past two camaros and three navigators. None of them made me feel the way this one does. Only bad thing is i have to listen to people tell me im obsessed...oh well

·
Registered
149 Posts
the first thing i did was go home and see if i could get it up my driveway without scraping the painted nose...made it with half an inch to spare.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the first thing i did was go home and see if i could get it up my driveway without scraping the painted nose...made it with half an inch to spare.
Well... I'm skeptical.... thar aint no grade near Dallas steep enuff to scrape the nose of a Corvette. :burnout:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm guilty of a few late night peeks in the garage and over detailing of the car!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
My first was a '74 bought new. I was 22 yrs. old, and when it rained hard, I would go outside (no garage) and soap up the car letting the rain rinse it off.:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The feeling of gratitude

At 52 years old I drove my 06 about 5 blocks and pulled over to wipe the tear from my eye. The feeling of gratitude for having a lifetime dream come to life was too much. I drove away 5 minutes later. I'll never forget it. I live on Vancouver Island in Canada and purchased my Vette in California.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts