Chevy Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
I drove it to a small cars & coffee gathering at my friend Skippy's house about 35 minutes from me. There were a few more cars, including a red '54 vette, and a blue '06 or '07 Ford GT; cars came & went over a 2 1/2 hour time frame.

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
removal of Photobucket hosted pics

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
[/URL][/IMG]

I met up with Lisa for lunch and to show off most recent carbon fiber addition: the front wheel spats with integrated mud flap.
Those are cool. How do they mount?

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
Those are cool. How do they mount?
Well, first remove the tapered wheel spat that comes with the Z06, and re-use screws in wheel housing liner at both ends, and some 3M tape.

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
I added this Jake decal late yesterday afternoon. The underside was sprayed with soapy water so it could be slid around until satisfied with final placement; then squeegeed. I left it overnight smeared with the soap; I'll rinse it off today and wax it (hood was wiped down with rubbing alcohol before applying decal pieces.

Sorry, edited for removal of Photobucket hosted pics

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
That looks really good. It very subtle. Almost ghosted into the paint color.
Not sure ghosted is a real word:grin2:
Thanks. It's the official C7.R edition Jake decal. Of course, I don't have the visual carbon fiber hood as the background, but I like it.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got her all back together. Adjusted the camber on the rear wheels. The adjustable strut rods made it easy. Took her for a test drive. Had to re adjust parking brake shoes a couple of times. Huge difference driving down the road with all the new parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed the Optispark, water pump gaskets, throttle body gasket, changed plugs and wires, ignition module, drained and flushed the coolant system, changed upper and lower radiator hoses, heater hoses, changed the oil using 10w30 Mobil 1 synthetic and a Mobil 1synthetic filter, drained and cleaned the fuel tank, installed a new fuel pump and new fuel filter, installed a newrockies vats system bypass module.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I changed the Optispark, water pump gaskets, throttle body gasket, changed plugs and wires, ignition module, drained and flushed the coolant system, changed upper and lower radiator hoses, heater hoses, changed the oil using 10w30 Mobil 1 synthetic and a Mobil 1synthetic filter, drained and cleaned the fuel tank, installed a new fuel pump and new fuel filter, installed a newrockies vats system bypass module.
Wow that's a lot of work

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was a long day in a hurry to get her up and going and I now know why there is a support group for changing the wires on an LT1 as far as the Optispark I'm sure those knuckles will grow back eventually. lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Latest

Removed and painted the sill plate screw heads (ground the rust off of the threads as well).

Removed the rocker panels, drilled out a couple of the old screw bodys that the PO had broken off, replaced as well.

Jeff

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
I cleaned ZVETTE ('15 Z06 very) today. Going out Saturday for dyno day. A week ago I returned from a drive from Braintree, MA to Charleston, SC.

VETTES ('05 Lingenfelter vert) is clean and has been resting for about a month.

A friend's C5 has been sleeping for the last 2 months in the shed/garage outback.

Wife moved out early this year and took the ?15 427 vert. I bought it for her anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I cleaned ZVETTE ('15 Z06 very) today. Going out Saturday for dyno day. A week ago I returned from a drive from Braintree, MA to Charleston, SC.

VETTES ('05 Lingenfelter vert) is clean and has been resting for about a month.

A friend's C5 has been sleeping for the last 2 months in the shed/garage outback.

Wife moved out early this year and took the ?15 427 vert. I bought it for her anyway.

Can't see pics because of photobucket. You can load in your gallery than copy and paste the BB code link into your post.
Sorry to hear that your '15 427 vert left

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
Can't see pics because of photobucket. You can load in your gallery than copy and paste the BB code link into your post.
Sorry to hear that your '13 427 vert left
Well that sucks, the pics could be seen there yesterday. Too bad I couldn't upload the pics directly from my iphone or laptop like other corvette forums allow me to do; then, I wouldn't have needed photobucket. I'll try to fix it, although, I have done it directly and photobucket claimed them as being on its site and therefore I had to pay for 3rd party hosting.
ok, uploaded pics to gallery; where is BB code link?

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well that sucks, the pics could be seen there yesterday. Too bad I couldn't upload the pics directly from my iphone or laptop like other corvette forums allow me to do; then, I wouldn't have needed photobucket. I'll try to fix it, although, I have done it directly and photobucket claimed them as being on its site and therefore I had to pay for 3rd party hosting.
ok, uploaded pics to gallery; where is BB code link?
if you click on the pic in the gallery it will make the pic bigger and the BB link is under the pic

21 - 40 of 44 Posts