Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I installed a new ground cable from the frame to the engine block also I installed a new license plate bezel.

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
I went out to the garage to look at carbon fiber pieces I still need to put on the '15 Z06; it's too cold and would take awhile to heat it up. Plus, I''m still waiting for the body shop to schedule me to replace the visual carbon fiber chin splitter and air dam that got broken in Texas in October after I ran over an armadillo. Errr!

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
Ouch. What carbon fiber pieces did you get?
Hood vent, front fender vents, front grille, big winglets, integrated front wheel spats/mud flaps, mud laps for in front of & behind rear wheels, taillight bezels, rear diffuser & vents, exhaust surround, upper & lower center console, door handles/buttons, rear view mirrors/hud/convertible top controls surround (already had factory cf dashboard.

I was ready to post pics, but unlike other forums, cannot post direct from laptop/iPad/iPhone. Maybe tomorrow I'll load them all to Photobucket; allso have pics of airbrushed and/or regular painted underhood parts and hoodliner.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hood vent, front fender vents, front grille, big winglets, integrated front wheel spats/mud flaps, mud laps for in front of & behind rear wheels, taillight bezels, rear diffuser & vents, exhaust surround, upper & lower center console, door handles/buttons, rear view mirrors/hud/convertible top controls surround (already had factory cf dashboard.

I was ready to post pics, but unlike other forums, cannot post direct from laptop/iPad/iPhone. Maybe tomorrow I'll load them all to Photobucket; allso have pics of airbrushed and/or regular painted underhood parts and hoodliner.
Wow that's a lot of carbon fiber. Glad they don't make much carbon fiber for my C3 or my bank account would be in trouble

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
removal of Photobucket hosted pics

·
Registered
23,201 Posts

·
Registered
23,201 Posts

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
Filled her up with 91 octane non ethanol today
The non ethanol part of that is good news; too bad it wasn't 93 octane. I know they run fine on the 91 octane, as I drive one of the vettes to California every 2 or 3 years and find that much, not all, of the country west of the Mississippi uses 91 as premium instead of 93.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The non ethanol part of that is good news; too bad it wasn't 93 octane. I know they run fine on the 91 octane, as I drive one of the vettes to California every 2 or 3 years and find that much, not all, of the country west of the Mississippi uses 91 as premium instead of 93.
Its tough finding non ethanol. You have to find gas stations close to areas of boating. The Mobil by me is close to a lake so they carry the non ethanol for the boat guys. I paid $3.35 a gal. It's also better gas to use for lawn equipment

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
I drove my friend to CT to pick up his '68 that was painted last summer and got buffed this Spring. Then, returned to MA and went to my vette club's weekly cruise nite.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts