Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,139 Posts
Hahaha, the Man I sold it to is a Cousin of a buddy of mine. So I still hear from her from time to time.

I told the owner to call me if he ever had any headaches :thumbsup:

· Registered
4,139 Posts
It is a corvette ya know....

Everything's a headache...
Over these past few days I've had the pleasure of working on a C5. Man it's a breeze compared to the C4! Biting my tongue thinking C5 should of been my start. Then again you can't take away what I learned from owning that C4, glad it all worked out that way.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The transaxle is the one thing I like about a C5. Well that and the LS (even though it's still a pushrod motor, it's so much more of a efficient design). But the soft curves just don't do it for me. Plus way too many comfort based compromises to the frame. The average driver would be hard pressed to turn a better lap time than a trans am with the same power. Even though the C6 frame is also comfort compromised, I think I'll have to wait for a good deal on one of them before I make the jump from the C4.

We had a nice 2000 C5 6 speed here a couple years back that I drove for about 3 months. I liked it fine. But to me, it didn't really feel like a vette. To be honest from a driving stand point, I'd rather drive the 05 jag XJR we had. It had a blown V8 (400hp) and rode much better than the C5 but handled the curves nearly as well (at least it made u feel that way). Now to drive and to own are two different things. Jags break and simple parts take 3 weeks to get here and cost stupid money (Ignition on a 01 XJ6 = $1241 plus labor n 3 weeks shipping).

I do hope u enjoy it though, and trade it for a C6 the first chance u get....

· Registered
4,139 Posts
The transaxle is the one thing I like about a C5. Well that and the LS (even though it's still a pushrod motor, it's so much more of a efficient design). But the soft curves just don't do it for me. Plus way too many comfort based compromises to the frame. The average driver would be hard pressed to turn a better lap time than a trans am with the same power. Even though the C6 frame is also comfort compromised, I think I'll have to wait for a good deal on one of them before I make the jump from the C4.

We had a nice 2000 C5 6 speed here a couple years back that I drove for about 3 months. I liked it fine. But to me, it didn't really feel like a vette. To be honest from a driving stand point, I'd rather drive the 05 jag XJR we had. It had a blown V8 (400hp) and rode much better than the C5 but handled the curves nearly as well (at least it made u feel that way). Now to drive and to own are two different things. Jags break and simple parts take 3 weeks to get here and cost stupid money (Ignition on a 01 XJ6 = $1241 plus labor n 3 weeks shipping).

I do hope u enjoy it though, and trade it for a C6 the first chance u get....
:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.