Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 82 vette and when it rains my passener and drivers floorboard get wet. The passenger side get the wettest. It does this with the car just sitting out side in the rain and parked, if I'm driving and it's raining it does it also. Can someone tell me where to start looking! Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
re:

how well do your t-tops and windows seal. thats were i'd start looking, thease are you most likely spots. another thing to consider is how long has this been happening, and has the car been kept in a garage, if not you might run into rotten floor boards.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have 82 vette and when it rains my passener and drivers floorboard get wet. The passenger side get the wettest. It does this with the car just sitting out side in the rain and parked, if I'm driving and it's raining it does it also. Can someone tell me where to start looking! Thanks
dont know about 82's but on my 78 on the passenger side theres a vent in the kick panal so as you drive the water comes in (dont drive in rain now) ( easy fix is to cut the cable that opens it and seal it)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
floor boards are solid, no rust on frames or floorboards and no leaks from T-tops or interior. The water is going to the floorboards first then it makes the carpet wet, no water is going on the carpet fist.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Dry it out first. There are a couple of ways to hunt water leaks- one- lay newspaper in the floor and run a garden hose over all the seams/joints/openings you cna find and then look for wet spots on the paper. Another way is to close the car up as tight as you can, set the A/C system to recirculate, turn the fan on high, and get out the spray bottle full of soapy water- spray it down and look for bubbles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts