Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the summer of 2016 I suddenly noticed I couldn't pick my feet up when I walked. I could only shuffle my feet and not more than about 25 yards. As my lower spine had been fused three times I went to my previous neurosurgeon with the hope he could find the problem. Uh uh. He told me he couldn't find anything in my spine that would cause weak and very painful legs.

After seeing another neurosurgeon and an orthopedic surgeon for second opinions I got the same answers; nothing wrong. Then by chance a CT scan was done and it revealed plugged arteries from my belly button to my ankles. My arteries were plugged with the same kind of plaque that causes heart attacks.

I was referred to a vascular surgeon last year and I'll have my 7th surgery tomorrow morning. Like our C3's we also wear out and need tune ups from time to time. My vascular surgeon has gotten the arteries in my legs opened up and now he's working on the three BIG arteries in my abdomen. Until he is able to clean them out I will remain a paraplegic.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toobroke, I wish a speedy recovery. I get what you're saying, of the last 4 years, I've a major health problem.
I doubt I'll ever realize a full recovery but rather an improvement over how things are now. I got full dentures when I turned 70 and both of my cataracts removed two years ago so my upper half is good. Plaque sneaks up on us as we age and often kills us before it's even known about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts