Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a wierd experience yesterday. I went out to take care of some errands. On the way home I get a message to service ALBrakes. I got home, shut the car off and restarted it. No message showed up! Then I was going to change the oil, and I got a message Water pump. Again I shut down and restarted, and again no message. The car is an '08, Z51, 6 spd. man. 7k miles. Any clues or ideas?:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Since you have an '08, if the battery is original, it could be as much as 4 years old and could be on its last legs. With only 7K on the car, it doesn't sound like it has been driven much since new and lack of use can prematurely age a battery if not kept on a battery maintenance charge between trips. If you want to eliminate the battery as being the cause of the problem, first, make sure that the battery terminals are clean, secure and free of corrosion. Then take the battery to your local AutoZone, O'Reily's, NAPA, etc., auto parts store and have it Stress Tested. That should tell you whether the battery is good or not.

Also, if you remove the battery from the car, don't forget to re-index the windows after you put the/a battery back in.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. Pappytinker, the car has been on a battery minder almost all the time. But if this happens again, I will take the battery to be tested.:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just took the car out yesterday to see what would happen. I took it out on some back roads, to blow the carbon out so to speak, and everything was back to normal. No messages!:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Same thing happened to me and 3 days later, I had to replace my battery. Once the voltage begins to drop, gremlins take over and every message imagineable will pop up.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, sounds like I better start thinking about replacing the battery. Any suggestions about brands?:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Raydawg357, If I went with the Optima, would it be the red or the yellow top? I will also consider the Diehard.:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I have a red and my last red top lasted 8 years

My next battert will be a BRAILLE
the power is amazing for the weight

http://www.braillebattery.com/

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have a red and my last red top lasted 8 years

My next battert will be a BRAILLE
the power is amazing for the weight

http://www.braillebattery.com/
Careful, some of those Braille batteries are made only for race cars and when used as a start battery for a regular car they are intended to be used in pairs. Power has a direct relationship to the surface area of the plates. In order to reduce weight the volume of lead has to be reduced in some manner. If the surface area is reduced, the amperage is reduced. If the plate thickness is reduced, the longevity is reduced.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Which one

Which Braille battery would u go with, no weight ..endurance or lithium im scr3wing around on iPad and It wont let me check the different types of Braille batteries not that I had Any problems with OEM battery I'm just looking towards future was thinking optima too heard nothing but good things bout them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts