Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How bad is the vibration from solid mounts? From what I understand these are much more durable than stock. My search for polyurethane mounts have shown a pretty good price range from mounts that are just under $100 to more pricier mounts from Pfadt.

I've noticed some threads here talking about bad vibration from polyurethane mounts. I'm writing to see if there are any mounts that have a less tendency of vibration than others?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Vibration with totally solid mounts would be INTOLERABLE. Even race cars tend to avoid those.
As far as brands, you have two choices and two choices only. Both are polyurethane mounts. There is PFADT:

And then I think LG also makes a set, but I can't find it anywhere.

Those will be harsher than stock but some people find it to be OK for a street car. Others had them removed; it depends on how tolerant you are to noise and vibration.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Vibration with totally solid mounts would be INTOLERABLE. Even race cars tend to avoid those.
As far as brands, you have two choices and two choices only. Both are polyurethane mounts. There is PFADT:

And then I think LG also makes a set, but I can't find it anywhere.

Those will be harsher than stock but some people find it to be OK for a street car. Others had them removed; it depends on how tolerant you are to noise and vibration.
my PFADT motor and tranny mounts are great for a street car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts