Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter to all.

I'm cleaning the engine compartment, cleaning, sandblasting, ect... I'm on the vapor canister and its going along good. Like most of these cars over the years they "lose" some of the vacuum lines that go to the canister. There are two up top, one for the carb and one for the tank. There is also a larger line at the bottom of the can that is not labeled. Does anyone know where that goes?

Thx,
Pete H.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Happy Easter to all.

I'm cleaning the engine compartment, cleaning, sandblasting, ect... I'm on the vapor canister and its going along good. Like most of these cars over the years they "lose" some of the vacuum lines that go to the canister. There are two up top, one for the carb and one for the tank. There is also a larger line at the bottom of the can that is not labeled. Does anyone know where that goes?

Thx,
Pete H.

I would think it's a vent. I just looked at the vapor canister that I recently took off of my '68 and see it only has two lines on the top and none on the bottom. On the bottom it has a 4" diameter foam "breather" and that's all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
canister

I don't know if my 74 is the same as yours or not. This canister appears to be dated from 1983. possibly changed with a later model GM or replaced due to a past problem. Either way mine had a hose attached to it when I took it out.

In my haste I did not mark down or take a picture of it to refer to later. Some models have it going to the pcv system. Here is the picture of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts