·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Why isn't this a sticky?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nav system tutorial

Many thanks for a great tutorial on the C-6 nav.I may now be able to use it and leave the Magellan at home.Great job !!!! vetlovr

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Many thanks for a great tutorial on the C-6 nav.I may now be able to use it and leave the Magellan at home.Great job !!!! vetlovr
:cheers: Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As some of you know, I have written a fairly extensive tuturial with photographs and in PDF format for using the Corvette factory navigation system. The post here on the forum was lost when the site went down. I'm just recreating it for the archives and so that some of the new folks can get the benefit of the document.

As some of you know, I'm a proponent of the system in so much as it has a reputation that it simply doesn't deserve. It is not easy to use, this much is true. Is it as incompetent as some would lead you to believe, not by a long shot! I have completed six parts that encompass all aspects of using the system to get the most out of it. It is available on my website on the Tech Tips page. It is written with an index file and six parts of the tutorial. These can all be downloaded one at a time in individual files and it can be downloaded in a one document format as well.

Lastly, I have added a page to my website called Navigation. On this page, I have taken the tutorial that I have written and put it up in html format so that it can be viewed from a web browser. I find this useful for reference when I am away from home. I can access the page using my iPhone and look up a quick reference piece if I need it. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have on the use of the system.

I promise you that if you invest the time in this document you will have a much more gratifying and less frustrating time with the use of the system. Not to mention, you will see just how capable that it really is.

Enjoy,
Paul
Right on Talon , Thank You !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help....corvette lovers wife needs help!!!

Hi!

I am posting on here because my husband bought a 2005 Corvette. We had it for a week driving it to make sure he liked it and the manuals were in the glove box. About a week after we purchased the car and had it home we were out on a drive and were gonna try and use the Navigation! I opened the glove box and NONE of the manuals were in there. We contacted the dealership and they said they were there....so needless to say, they have been NO help!

I am currently looking for the Owners Manual and Navigation Manual for my husband for Valentines Day as a surprise. I have found and purchased the Owners Manual, but I still need the Navigation manual. We have the CD...but not the book.

I saw the post about the tutorial and I will definately check it out!!!

My 2 questions are....does anyone know where I could buy one of the Nav manuals...( besides Ebay...) and does anyone know where I can buy the leather case the manuals go in?

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong spot or anything like that....just want to get my hubby his manuals!!! Figured you guys could give me some good advice!!

Thanks in advance!!

Missi

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can't find the last .pdf section

I can't seem to find the 4th section of the tutorial .pdf file. Is there a link somewhere that I missed? Also, is there a link to download the entire tutorial in one .pdf file? Thanks, you really put a lot of work into this valuable resource!

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I can't seem to find the 4th section of the tutorial .pdf file. Is there a link somewhere that I missed? Also, is there a link to download the entire tutorial in one .pdf file? Thanks, you really put a lot of work into this valuable resource!
Greetings Bill,

You can download this as a single .pdf from this link:

http://www.theredlion.us/Using%20the%20Corvette%20navigation%20system.pdf

Also, you can get any of the individual sections on my Tech Tips page at the very bottom:

http://www.theredlion.us/Tech%20tips2.htm

There are six parts, all broken out in to individual .pdf files. You can also find a link for the 2008 navigation radio owners manual from GM for cross reference there as well.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I don't have the Nav unit myself but this is what was in Dear Abby today;

USED CAR'S NAVIGATION SYSTEM CONTAINS TOO MUCH INFORMATION

DEAR ABBY: I bought a used car with a navigation system last week and noticed that the previous owner's information was still embedded in the system. Abby, I had that man's home address, the addresses of his friends, his bank, his workplace -- every place he had gone.

Please inform your readers that if they sell a car with a navigation system, they should first delete all of their information. Car dealerships should also be aware of this and, perhaps, erase the information from the system as part of their vehicle inspection. -- JENNIFER IN LEE'S SUMMIT, MO.

DEAR JENNIFER: Your letter raised some eyebrows among me and my staff, so we canvassed some of the used car dealerships in the Los Angeles area. They're already aware of it. Those we spoke to stated that they are not legally required to delete information from a navigation system, and all agreed that the seller is responsible for removing the information before selling the car.

I am sure many readers will thank you for the warning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I found this site too late for your help on the nav system. I found it to be completely useless while in motion (I was locked out of POIs and could not even find local gas stations) and I found the sound quality of the Bose system to be one of the worst systems I've encountered in a vehicle that cost that much. That being said my only remedy was to change the complete system which is what I did. I love the way the system sounds now and the options available to me in my system. The Nav system is great and I no longer get frustrated while on the road.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some people just push the "I Agree" and don't read it. I did it for about a month before I did. It says you must be at a complete stop with the parking brake up "if stick shift" to use all of the Navigation options. You have limited options while the car is in motion. As far as the bose, I have a convertible so the bose quality isn't a problem for me. It is a shame for the price we pay, the system seems un bose like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful piece of work! I have been going thru it and, by golly I am actually learning how to use the nave system. Thanks hard work and sharing it.

Cheers,
Gerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well done

That is quite a piece of work...

I struggled to learn the system, since it"s not very intuiative.

Your Write up uncovered some hidden items

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have the Nav unit myself but this is what was in Dear Abby today;

USED CAR'S NAVIGATION SYSTEM CONTAINS TOO MUCH INFORMATION

DEAR ABBY: I bought a used car with a navigation system last week and noticed that the previous owner's information was still embedded in the system. Abby, I had that man's home address, the addresses of his friends, his bank, his workplace -- every place he had gone.

Please inform your readers that if they sell a car with a navigation system, they should first delete all of their information. Car dealerships should also be aware of this and, perhaps, erase the information from the system as part of their vehicle inspection. -- JENNIFER IN LEE'S SUMMIT, MO.

DEAR JENNIFER: Your letter raised some eyebrows among me and my staff, so we canvassed some of the used car dealerships in the Los Angeles area. They're already aware of it. Those we spoke to stated that they are not legally required to delete information from a navigation system, and all agreed that the seller is responsible for removing the information before selling the car.

I am sure many readers will thank you for the warning.
This is the first thing my dealer did when I traded my last vette. He actually mentioned it to me. I also never use my actual home address. I just use the street at the entrance to my community. I know the rest of the way home. :doh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
07 NAV problem resolution

My wife and I drove from the carolinas to boca raton fl. we put in the address and jumped on I95 for the trip SOUTH. After putting in the address and seeing everything as your website shows, we kept being told to turn around on I95 and head north! Not just once, but a bunch of times everytime a road came along that would allow us to turn around.
Do you have a trobleshooting website that I can access or any info about this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thx
Montereyred

21 - 40 of 40 Posts