Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I have written a fairly extensive tuturial with photographs and in PDF format for using the Corvette factory navigation system. The post here on the forum was lost when the site went down. I'm just recreating it for the archives and so that some of the new folks can get the benefit of the document.

As some of you know, I'm a proponent of the system in so much as it has a reputation that it simply doesn't deserve. It is not easy to use, this much is true. Is it as incompetent as some would lead you to believe, not by a long shot! I have completed six parts that encompass all aspects of using the system to get the most out of it. It is available on my website on the Tech Tips page. It is written with an index file and six parts of the tutorial. These can all be downloaded one at a time in individual files and it can be downloaded in a one document format as well.

Lastly, I have added a page to my website called Navigation. On this page, I have taken the tutorial that I have written and put it up in html format so that it can be viewed from a web browser. I find this useful for reference when I am away from home. I can access the page using my iPhone and look up a quick reference piece if I need it. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have on the use of the system.

I promise you that if you invest the time in this document you will have a much more gratifying and less frustrating time with the use of the system. Not to mention, you will see just how capable that it really is.

Enjoy,
Paul

·
Smokin Member
1,825 Posts
Definitely will take a look at what you put together. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
As some of you know, I have written a fairly extensive tuturial with photographs and in PDF format for using the Corvette factory navigation system. The post here on the forum was lost when the site went down. I'm just recreating it for the archives and so that some of the new folks can get the benefit of the document.

As some of you know, I'm a proponent of the system in so much as it has a reputation that it simply doesn't deserve. It is not easy to use, this much is true. Is it as incompetent as some would lead you to believe, not by a long shot! I have completed six parts that encompass all aspects of using the system to get the most out of it. It is available on my website on the Tech Tips page. It is written with an index file and six parts of the tutorial. These can all be downloaded one at a time in individual files and it can be downloaded in a one document format as well.

Lastly, I have added a page to my website called Navigation. On this page, I have taken the tutorial that I have written and put it up in html format so that it can be viewed from a web browser. I find this useful for reference when I am away from home. I can access the page using my iPhone and look up a quick reference piece if I need it. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have on the use of the system.

I promise you that if you invest the time in this document you will have a much more gratifying and less frustrating time with the use of the system. Not to mention, you will see just how capable that it really is.

Enjoy,
Paul
:goodpost: I'll second that!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll def be reading up on this, thank you. At this point I've just been taking my Garmin with me as it's so easy to use. My son figured it out when we took the Vette to SC. I guess I'm just a little slow :seeya:

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.

Please give the documents a try and I'd love to get your feedback as you go through the chapters.

Paul :cheers:

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
23,206 Posts
I've downloaded the index and parts 1-6. I plan to print out and keep in a binder in the car even after I have read and familiarized myself with all of the details.

I've had my C6 for 4 1/2 years and have gotten by, but I'm sure there is a lot more to learn and made use of.

Thanks, Paul.:goodpost: :coffeetime:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Gotta tell you that the nav system was really frustrating before I read your treatise several months ago. Since then I have come to really appreciate what it can do. I still don't have it all down, but I am much more comfortable with its use since. It really does lots of stuff well - you just have to know how to get to it, which you have shown so well. My hearty congratulations on a piece so well done, and my thanks, too. :thumbsup3:

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've downloaded the index and parts 1-6. I plan to print out and keep in a binder in the car even after I have read and familiarized myself with all of the details.

I've had my C6 for 4 1/2 years and have gotten by, but I'm sure there is a lot more to learn and made use of.

Thanks, Paul.:goodpost: :coffeetime:
Thanks! :cheers:

I'm looking forward to some feedback after you've had a chance to digest it.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotta tell you that the nav system was really frustrating before I read your treatise several months ago. Since then I have come to really appreciate what it can do. I still don't have it all down, but I am much more comfortable with its use since. It really does lots of stuff well - you just have to know how to get to it, which you have shown so well. My hearty congratulations on a piece so well done, and my thanks, too. :thumbsup3:
Thanks for the kind words. My goal was just to help owners get a little more out of the ownership experience and finally loose some of the frustration associated with the use of the navigation system. It is so capable but I know it can be very frustrating.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Enjoy,
Paul
I'm interested in this link and didn't see a link? Thank you

Rod

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm interested in this link and didn't see a link? Thank you

Rod
Here is the link to the main page of my website.

http://www.theredlion.us/Redlion2.htm

From there, select Enter Website, Tech Tips and then scroll to the bottom of the Tech Tips page you will find the navigation tutorial files.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts