Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed one today , make sure the liner is clean first use rubbing alcohol to clean the area and let dry for a couple hours, lay the liner flat I did it on a table and be very careful pulling the decal off do both sides and let them fall back down while doing the other kind of taking it off and letting it set on the backing , do the circles first then the flags the circles will seem to big but dont trim any excess you can hide that under the main decal, make sure your hands are clean I used the alcohol and put on a cotton glove to rub the decal while using the dryer the hardest part is getting the decal to line up. Dont get in a hurry and dont press down till its just right then take the dryer and put it on high hot and start using the gloved hand to massage the decal while applying heat I did this over and over for almost an hour.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the input CorvetteMikeKC. Looks like I will have to set aside half an afternoon to do the job. My felt underhood liner is slightly dirty but not that bad. I plan on removing it and then, I have one of those squirt style car washing wands that you fill the soap cup with. I will fill it with laundry detergent and give it a good cleaning and then rinse it thoroughly with fresh water and let it dry completely in the sun. Then, I will put the decal on. Will be a good time to clean the underside of the hood while the underliner is removed. I placed my order on Monday so it should be here any day now. Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can also go to lowes and get the chrome faucet cover thingys LOL I dont know what to call them, you take your plastic liner holders and trim them on the edges and put the chromes caps over the top and fold the tabs down to hold them in place $20 looks good to .how do you post pics here and I will show you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts