Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the June issue of Vette on page 50 there is a picture of an 81 Motion Performance Vette. I really like the look. I have a few questions that might sound basic but I am not a mechanic. I am putting a YearOne 400 HP crate engine in it. have the Twin Turbo hood to put on it. Is there any benefit to making the NACA ducts functional? I always heard that the more air in the engine compartment the better.
2nd the vents on the fenders. Are they cosmetic or are they there for getting air to the brakes for cooling? If anyone can help with this I would appreciate it. Mine is white also and would like to duplicate the look of this car except that I am putting a Daytona front bumper on it.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
theres no ram effect, but if you duct the cool outside air into carb ,it makes more power...every 10* drop in air temp entering motor, makes about 1% more HP..as for the fender louvers, pretty much for show only..the most effective way to cool brakes is the way later model Corvettes do it... by running a duct from frt bumper to the back of the rotors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts