Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I am new to the forum but have been referred by other Corvette owners. I recently purchased a 1979 corvette. It has the tilt/telescopic steering column with cruise control. My turn signal lever twists when I use it. It is the bent one. After much research I have completely confused myself. Is this common? Is there a correction for this problem. My turn signal will cancel from a left turn but not a right turn. Any help my fellow Corvette enthusiasts can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank in advance.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Hello to all. I am new to the forum but have been referred by other Corvette owners. I recently purchased a 1979 corvette. It has the tilt/telescopic steering column with cruise control. My turn signal lever twists when I use it. It is the bent one. After much research I have completely confused myself. Is this common? Is there a correction for this problem. My turn signal will cancel from a left turn but not a right turn. Any help my fellow Corvette enthusiasts can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank in advance.

It sounds like one of the springs in your turn signal switch is broken. I don't think you can buy the springs separately so you'll have to replace the whole switch.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. It sounds like you need to pull the steering wheel off and take a look down inside to find out what's broken or lose. If you don't have the tools, try to borrow them. It really is amazing what previous owners leave out when they do repairs. My column was missing the retaining clip on top of the plate. I was able to find and replace all of the parts I needed using local parts places and online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts