Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I live in the San Joaquin Valley in central California it's common for us to get nails in our tires because of our fruit and vegetable packing industries. Because of that I always carry a tubeless tire plug kit and a mini 12-volt air compressor wherever I go. I had to put a plug in my left rear tire this morning because it had gotten a nail in it recently.

The last time I had to put a plug in one of my tires was in 2007 when I spent a night in a motel in Los Angeles (250 miles from home) and found I had a flat tire the next morning. Fortunately I was able to remove the nail and plug the tire without having to jack it up because the nail was clearly visible. After plugging my tire my 12-volt mini air compressor had it pumped up to 30 psi within 5 minutes.

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great advice hope people do it
My two plug kits just arrived today so I'll put them into my 71's storage compartment first thing tomorrow morning. Nail punctured tires are rare but it's sure nice to be able to plug then re-inflate them when I'm far from home. Also the cans that contain both pressure and a tire sealer are great to have in the event of a flat tire:

I have used these "Fix-A Flat" cans of tire sealer/inflater before and one can will fill the average C3 tire to 25 psi or enough to keep you going on your trip.

When it comes to be broken down far from home you can't have enough tools in your C3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts