Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remote or interior button the trunk latch won't pop?? I can open but it requires coordination between hitting trunk release button and hitting inside of trunk upwards?? Please help if you know what I can do.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds like you have a fitment problem. Something is jamming the deck lid. Is it hard to close? Look for signs of wear or scraping around the latch and striker area. Just to be sure it's not a bad solenoid I would listen when you hit the trunk release button, you should hear the latch solenoid energize. It sounds more like a popping noise. It should pop every time you hit the button. Let us know what you find.:friday:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Some thing really simple; press and hold for a few seconds. On my fob it does not release instantly, it takes a few seconds. I thought something was wrong at first.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have had a very similar problem for as long as I've had the car. The trunk won't pop open - most of the time. The button under the dash is better than the fob, but both often require that you kind of grab the edge of the trunk and apply a little upward pressure for the trunk to open. I have had it to the dealer a couple times. It has had a new latch, readjustment, etc. Nothing works. Car is otherwise straight. Doesn't wander on the road, no wierd tire alignment or wear, doors close properly, top closes correctly (although that, too, needed adjustment when I first got it - now it's a piece of cake).

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
My dash button works instantly.The FOB button works the same way,as it should..the button under the lid out back also works as it should,no delays anywhere.There have been past issues with dirt/dust getting into the rear button area.I mean up and in there.Find the directions online and do a DIY.Take the button off and clean it out in there.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have had a very similar problem for as long as I've had the car. The trunk won't pop open - most of the time. The button under the dash is better than the fob, but both often require that you kind of grab the edge of the trunk and apply a little upward pressure for the trunk to open.
They must have used my Vert as a model for yours because it acts the same way. I wasn't going to take it to the dealership and potentially have it come back worse than when it went in. It isn't so bad that I can't live with it as I have for four years now. I just make sure that the nail on my index finger is slightly longer than all the others.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rear Hatch

I had the same problem with my 2008. The dealership service tech found a loose connection behind the release buttons for this and the fuel door release. Mine was built on a Monday. Go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts