Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever is hole shoot or hit the brakes hard something is sliding on a track inside my drivers door. I know its not a big deal to take off the panel but if something is broke id like to get the part first. Anyone have this happening to you? Any idea what is sliding back and forth?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
dunno
for the 3 minutes it takes to pull the panel , I'd just open it up and look at it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, I have the same problem. when I accelerate hard or brake hard there is something sliding coming from the driver's side door. I took off the door panel and it's still happening so it has to be something in the door frame. Happened after I took the car in to get it repaired. Most likely some lazy technician placed something on the window frame and it fell down. Looks like it's going to be a royal pain to get out as I don't see any easy way to get down into where the window goes.....

....any ideas anyone? :toilet:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
it takes 45 minutes to change the regulator , max , unless you include beer time.....
pulling the panel is a 3 minute job

·
Registered
3 Posts
I already took the door panel off and all the clips were there so it's not that. I don't see any obvious way to get to where the glass / regulator are although there is a big black cover which seems to be attached to the frame with some sticky stuff which would suggest to me it's not supposed to be removed. Maybe it is but I just want to task the dumb questions first so I don't make the situation worse :)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I already took the door panel off and all the clips were there so it's not that. I don't see any obvious way to get to where the glass / regulator are although there is a big black cover which seems to be attached to the frame with some sticky stuff which would suggest to me it's not supposed to be removed. Maybe it is but I just want to task the dumb questions first so I don't make the situation worse :)
remove the plastic sheet , it will stick back on
you will then have access
pop the switch out so you can connect it with the panel off and you will be able to move the glass up and down to help you

·
Registered
3 Posts
took off the black cover and looked inside, couldn't see anything sliding or loose. Drove the car around and stuck my hand in there and could hear something sliding around but couldn't feel it..... running out of ideas here. Are there any places something could be hiding in the door panel? I really don't want to have to take it to a dealer because they rip me off but I'm not an expert on taking apart the car.

My vette has just started falling apart since 60,000 miles. Anyone else experienced that? :crybaby:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
240k miles , nope

·
Registered
908 Posts
I never had this happen but I would hunt it down because things like this annoy me.

Does it happen with the window up,down or both?

Are you sure it's coming from the door? However, I'm not sure what else could possibly sound like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts