Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new used set of wheels that I just picked up, I was planning on using these for potential track days and messing around. If I don't put TPMS sensors in these will I have any issues? I've done some research and getting such a mixed group of answers, some say they have issues with traction control, others are saying no problems???

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I have a new used set of wheels that I just picked up, I was planning on using these for potential track days and messing around. If I don't put TPMS sensors in these will I have any issues? I've done some research and getting such a mixed group of answers, some say they have issues with traction control, others are saying no problems???
I have heard both ways. Try with out the sensors and if you have issues, then deal with the issues then. You can always park the car near the road wheels (if you change at the track) and the system will pick up the pressures.

If you are going to drive for any time on the road with track tires, you probably have more of a chance to have issues.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
With no censors, won't your check engine light come on? Also you can't go into competition mode.
We don't got no Corvette Censors!!! ;) (We do have tire pressure sensors :D)

The check engine light will not illuminate but at some point (opinions vary) you won't be able to use the competition mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am Catalin from [link on PM]. I deal with the pesky TPMS problem for multiple vehicle brands and models and i do so by means of a circuit-in-a-box mimicking TPMS sensor's radio signals.

Next on the list is the 2005 - 2009 Corvette. Got one and annoyed by TPMS enough ? Drop me a message, let's cooperate to prooftest my simulator device for this model. Of course, you will be getting it for free.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts