Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 18" rims and tires to put on my 99 coupe. The new tires and rims do not have TPMS sensors installed. Will the rims work on the car without the computer freaking out trying to find the sensors or will I have to take the old sensors out of my old rims and install them on the new ones?

· Registered
5,591 Posts
use a tech II to turn off the dic message

· Registered
5,591 Posts
The new rims and tires are on but the traction control gets a little crazy since the rims are 18" rims front and rear now.
if you have the same size tires it will go nuts on you
you must have a size differential

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rims

I have 18" rims on front and rear. The tires on the front are 275/35-18 and the tires on the back are 295/30-18. May have to have the computer flashed to change the tire size to prevent the Traction control from slowing the car. If I try to get over 40 mph with the traction control on the traction control will come on and slow the car. If I turn off traction control the car does fine.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
I have 18" rims on front and rear. The tires on the front are 275/35-18 and the tires on the back are 295/30-18. May have to have the computer flashed to change the tire size to prevent the Traction control from slowing the car. If I try to get over 40 mph with the traction control on the traction control will come on and slow the car. If I turn off traction control the car does fine.
tell me who does that ?
I never could find anyone and I tried for years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.