Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has discussed time and time again, but:DeadHorse: Can you get a an american (or copy ) Torque thrust D wheel that fit on a 69 C3 without using a spacer , Is there a simple bolt on application of the grey 5 spoke old school mag? really not sure what size as far 15" 16"or even 17" really subject to what would work best with stock application again same thing applys to offset and etc. I just want the old style 5 spoke without spacer if possible the more I read the more confused I get.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
American Racing makes a Torque Thrust.. you can get it in various sizes at Wheelsforless.com. they can give you the correct backspacing you need. check with them. I think they have an 8.5x15

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it about the back spacing or the way the actual wheel is made
my understanding is that because the II will work because of the curve of the spoke whereas the D won't because its not. I know best answer is to contact some of these sites but most show that all will fit the c3 . but I've seen alot opinios to the contrary on the forums. I'll save tire size discussion when I have wheels in hand.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you go with a 15" wheel, make sure that the tire size you want is readily available. I ended up with 17's- the 15" size I wanted is nowhere to be found.
Looking back, I'd go with 18's now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
TimAT is correct, staying with the 15" wheel will limit your tire selections. Using a larger diameter wheel can be offset by selecting a tire with a different sidewall aspect ratio to maintain the original tire height.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine has the old school Torque Thrust D's.
To be sure that's the one, look in "My Gallery".
They are 15" 8-1/2 width, no spacers. I found plenty of tire choices. Not sure of the back spacing but I can look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@ 1969Ray: Did you ever find out the spacing on your rims? Where did you get them from? I am looking to stay with 15 inch rims and love the look of those rims on the Vette's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Back space; on the inside of the wheel, the measurement
from the rim's outside edge to the flat mounting surface, is 3-1/2 inches.
I bought them used; they were on a '69 vette.
Just lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts