Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a factory ecm chip what is the top speed you can get out of a 87 c4. I know on some gm cars they shut down at a preset speed. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
392 Posts
154mph indicated on the speedo is the top I've been to in my '87.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
With a factory ecm chip what is the top speed you can get out of a 87 c4. I know on some gm cars they shut down at a preset speed. Thanks to all.
It is more of a matter of how fast it will get up to speed than how fast it will go. I did about 145at Atlanta Motor Speedway and while it was fun it wasn't as exciting as beating a Mustang at Paradise Dragstrip.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It is more of a matter of how fast it will get up to speed than how fast it will go. I did about 145at Atlanta Motor Speedway and while it was fun it wasn't as exciting as beating a Mustang at Paradise Dragstrip.
:iagree:

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
I know the car won't shut down. I had my '86 up to 135 and the car was shaking a bit.I probably needed new ball joints at the time

·
Registered
2 Posts
I topped-out my 1989 at 156mph and wrecked. I was on the e-way and a semi got in my lane way ahead of me, but I was coming up on it way too fast. I tried touching the brakes, but it started getting squirrelly, so I tried to change lanes. I ended-up losing control and I started to spin and hit the wall over and over. When I went and checked the car out after I got out of the hospital the tires had flat spots on them, lol. I was lucky I started to spin before I hit the divider wall, it slowed me down enough that I didn’t get extremely injured.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts