Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Thank you for telling us, Fish. Please keep us posted.

Toobroke, I wish you a speedy recovery. You'll be in my thougthts and prayers. All the best.

Sincerely,
Cat =^..^=

· Registered
5,591 Posts
:grouphug::angelsad2::Angel_anim:

· Registered
10,519 Posts
Much Thanks Guys

I am home again; thankfully they let me go in only 2 days instead of the usual 4.

I had a huge aneurysm in the artery that leaves my heart and splits; one side going down one leg and the other side going down the other leg. The artery is normally about 3/4" in diameter but mine had swollen to a whopping 2-1/2" so it was getting close to bursting.

I feel really awful but at least I'm home to feel awful and not in the hospital with their lousy "anti-bedsore" beds and freezing cold temperatures. I tried walking several times last night but had to give up because I was freezing to death.

· Registered
10,519 Posts
Finding An Aneurysm

Glad to hear your home. How do they detect that artery

The aneurysm showed up in a CT scan that was done several years ago and it has been monitored ever since. All men 55 years and older need to have either a CT scan or ultrasound because these aneurysms are very common. More in men than women and worse for men who have been long term smokers.

My surgeon told me many surgeons insist on a 7 day hospital stay so it was a miracle they let me leave after only 31 hours. Right now I feel about 95% normal so I'm healing real fast. But I still must take it real easy for the next week because the incision in my artery is about 6" long and could tear open if my blood pressure suddenly went up.

· Registered
10,519 Posts
guess you ll have to postpone the Wild Sex Party this week End?

Sex? What is sex? I vaguely remember doing something really cool back in the '70's just before my kids were born but I forgot what that was.

I am very thankful to be back home. To help prevent the spread of diseases they keep the hospitals very cold and no matter how hard I tried to stay warm I just kept shivering. I was really amazed over how many people were involved in my surgery. Probably a dozen or more. One of my nurses was a huge dude with a body like Arnold Schwarzenegger and had really hairy arms.

· Registered
910 Posts
Good to hear that you're home and I hope recovery goes smoothly. A Doctor friend once told me that a hospital is no where to be when you're sick.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
Glad you are OK !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.