Chevy Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I haven't
Am I the only one who uses his peripheral vision ?

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
The issue of tinting depends on your sensitivity to light. I see alot of posts about decreased nightime visiblity. I wouldn't want tint if I couldn't see thru it. Personally I am on the opposite side. My eyes are very sensitive to bright light, so I prefer tinted windows (within the law) and I seldom go outside without sunglasses. My night vision however is great. I see like a vampire once the sun goes down, so the tint doesn't bother me. I like the look of it too.
even a vampire like you will not be able to see when a cars headlights come from either side direction . when the light hits the dark tint, you cannot see. I tinted mine dark,[even tho, I was warned by supplier] after finding out first hand , that this is true, I removed it and used the lightest tint I could find..

·
Registered
518 Posts
even a vampire like you will not be able to see when a cars headlights come from either side direction . when the light hits the dark tint, you cannot see. I tinted mine dark,[even tho, I was warned by supplier] after finding out first hand , that this is true, I removed it and used the lightest tint I could find..
I completely agree with you. Which is why I stated in my next post that if you feel your vision is hindered then don't do it. I have a dark tint on my rear window and a light tint on the sides. They provide a nice filter for bright sun, but also have not hampered my nighttime visibility. This is certainly a matter of personal opinion. I am not advocating dark tint on the side windows. I am simply stating my preference for tinted windows, and that for me personally(vampire vision included), I have not experienced any lack of nighttime visibility.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks everyone. I have a convertible so I don't have the dot matrix in the glass rear window. I think I am leaning toward doing it and have a place that does high end cars and I've seen his work and have referrals.

I have some scratches on my driver side upper window that were caused by my Dad's rings scraping it over the years before I bought it from him. The tinter told me the darker you go, you won't see them.

My concern is that a dark background would make them stick out even more.
Your car will look great with the tint and if you are happy with it I say GO FOR IT!!! :thumbsup3:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
I completely agree with you. Which is why I stated in my next post that if you feel your vision is hindered then don't do it. I have a dark tint on my rear window and a light tint on the sides. They provide a nice filter for bright sun, but also have not hampered my nighttime visibility. This is certainly a matter of personal opinion. I am not advocating dark tint on the side windows. I am simply stating my preference for tinted windows, and that for me personally(vampire vision included), I have not experienced any lack of nighttime visibility.
I like the look of the tint..so I did the same, on both of mine, dark on rear and light on sides..and It does help in the hot summer sun. especially on my C3 that is black.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like the look of the tint..so I did the same, on both of mine, dark on rear and light on sides..and It does help in the hot summer sun. especially on my C3 that is black.
Me too, my C3 (black too) is in need of a retint, not sure how old the tint job is.
I use to do the dark on rear and lighter on sides but was talked into dark all the way around on my C5 and Buick and liked the results.
As usual it is down to personal taste, so if you like it, do it, if you do not, don't do it.
Mike

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have 20% on mine all around and have no problems seeing at night. In this Texas heat, the interior was unbearable without it. Bottom line, the choice is yours. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Your car will look great with the tint and if you are happy with it I say GO FOR IT!!! :thumbsup3:
this is the guy I've told you all about

now the lies and claims on innocence will come

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The law in Ga. is 32% on front and Rear windows and if you put 32% on factory tinted windows the number goes down,the fine here is $1000.00 for a violation. Which I think is Crazy.Like vettex says even 32% cuts over 50% of visibility at night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am only going 20% because of the factory tint. A mech in P'cola was going to do it until he said he tints the way he wants it. I thought I was the customer.:doh:

I say to tint to what you like and if the LEO's get you don't cry. OTOH, I usually don't try to give them an excuse when they're bored.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts