Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone whose back window is falling out or getting along in years dont worry. The top half of my window came loose 2 months back and really paniced as though i needed to replace my top at $1500. I bought a product better than the factory adhesive. Called URETHANE by 3M and squezzed it around the gap and is as good as new. I went through a brushless car wash yesterday and the rest of the window got loose (all but the first fix) I had half the tube left and glued it up perfect. The good thing about this product is that is sets up in 10 minuits only need to prop from the inside with wood the area that sags. I bought here a Bennets auto and cost $27 for the tube. This stuff is unbelievable and is a great fix. Its a bit messy so need to use plastic gloves and tape off on and below the window to keep it only in the place you want glued.You all that have convertibles might buy a tube now as will be very handy when yours comes loose and it will eventually fall out. Great investment!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Keep us updated about how this stuff lasts. If it is still holding in 6 months or a year I will be inpressed.

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep us updated about how this stuff lasts. If it is still holding in 6 months or a year I will be inpressed.
the first gluing is at 5 months now and been through many brushless car washes. It is rated stronger bond than factory, its the stuff that windshield installer use and aint seen to many windshields falling out lately. will keep you posted next month.

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how time flies

I look up my original post on the back window falling out and was post 4/26/10 so its been 11 months, cant believe its been that long as seems like yesterday!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I look up my original post on the back window falling out and was post 4/26/10 so its been 11 months, cant believe its been that long as seems like yesterday!
I am impressed. Just found a source on line and bookmarked the page for future reference.

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I have sealed my with trim adhesive and it is coming loose already.
The thing to remember is that its really messy and if you get the black stuff on your fingers very hard to remove. Buy those cheap painters gloves and also very important to put masking tape on the window and on the fabric as if you were painting some molding trim. Let it set up and you can clean off any excess with a sharp razor blade. You can actually do it in sections at a time which will help prop up the window against the under fabric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts