Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little advice. I got some great new tires on line and took em up to my favorite mechanic to have them mounted. In the precess the left front tire sensor was busted. They replaced it and I wanna know how to get it working, fire it up, make it monitor, you get the drift. The dealer wants to charge me a ton and I'd like to do it myself, if possible. If someone can give me the destruction's and let me know if I need some special tool, I'll be a happy camper. The other three work fine.
Thanks

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
The dealer should not charge you as they will come out with a big magnet and reset it in 30 seconds. What you need is a special magnet to do this. You can also go to a tire place and they will do it for free if you know them as is no big deal to set. I replaced all my sensors last month and took it to the chevy dealer that fixes my warrenty problems and set them in 30 seconds free with the proper magnet. you also have to make some setups in the DIC but again no big deal. Just go to the dealer and say "listen help me out as know it is simple to reset" an will come back here with some fix issue in the future.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
CUT AND PASTED...

Turn the ignition key to the "On" position but do not crank the engine.

Press the "Reset" button on the Driver's Information Center (DIC) controls. This will clear any warning messages. The DIC is located on the right side of the instrument cluster.

Hold down then release the "Options" button until the display is blank.

Press and hold the "Reset" button down for three seconds.

Hold down then release the "Options" button until "Tire Training" is displayed.

Press and release the "Reset" button until "Learn L Front Tire" is displayed.

Place a large magnet over the valve stem on the left front tire. The horn will sound when the sensor has been synced with the monitoring system.

Repeat the process in Step 8 on the front right tire, left rear tire and right rear tire when prompted on the display. The horn will sound twice on the last tire sensor, indicating that the system programming is complete.

Turn off the ignition.

Test the system by pressing the "Gauges" button while driving. You must be traveling over 15 miles per hour for the system activate.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The dealer should not charge you as they will come out with a big magnet and reset it in 30 seconds. What you need is a special magnet to do this.
No special magnet needed, an old speaker works perfectly. :yoda:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
or a welding magnet
5 bucks at a harbor freight store

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
:thumbsup3:

feels good huh ?:woowoo:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It always feel good when you beat the dealer and do it yourself. They sent some smuck write up guy who didn't have a clue what to do. He waved his magic tri-corder around, couldn't fix it, and said I was gonna have to leave it for a tech(who happened to be out to lunch) to fix it in a couple of hours. Thanks to you, it's fixed and I'm happy and ready to burn up the road this spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts