Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Procharger supercharger. I'm trying to figure out total cost. How much will a shop typically charge for Procharger install? Are there any additional things I will need to purchase? Did you change anything up on your motor to take the additional power?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm looking at getting a Procharger supercharger. I'm trying to figure out total cost. How much will a shop typically charge for Procharger install? Are there any additional things I will need to purchase? Did you change anything up on your motor to take the additional power?
I would check it out very well if I were you, I did a blower cam pushrods valve spring, injectors, meth, headers did the D1 procharger that part with labor was around 13,000.00, then changed clutch, added DTE brace and hardened shafts, and then ended up doing the wide rear for larger tires and wheels which is not a have to but it did help for traction it never ends LOL

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I'm looking at getting a Procharger supercharger. I'm trying to figure out total cost. How much will a shop typically charge for Procharger install?
That depends 100% on the shop you take your car to. I'd try calling the shop for a quote.

Are there any additional things I will need to purchase?
I am not very familiar with the Procharger kit, but typically these kits come 100% complete with everything you need. I know for my A&A kit the only thing I needed to buy was engine oil and a 1/4" NPT tap since I didn't have one and was doing my own install.

Did you change anything up on your motor to take the additional power?
Zero. I had headers and an exhaust and made 600RWHP. It took about 2 months for me to realize that kind of power is dangerous not very useable on 285-width street tires and get some racing rubber on the back. 17,000 miles into it I changed my stock clutch; it wasn't slipping yet but I wanted to drag race and figured it would.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad I posted this question. Thanks for the information guys. I think I will look at changing the clutch and some lower compound tires just to play it safe. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah I did the A&A Vortech kit and I did nothing to the motor. I do plan on changing the clutch and tires soon tho. Makes for a good burnout on street tires!

Later on I will add the wide body kit, but way later. SC is the way to go for HP add.:rockon6rk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts