Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying the one piece acrylic Thompson Astro Top for my '81 but have heard conflicting reports about them.
Any feedback you can give me would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have heard good and bad about the one piece. I purchased the two piece T-tops about a year ago and i am very happy with them. I followed the install instructions and took my time and i was very pleased with the results. No leaks and no wind noise and they look good. They are very lite and easy to take on and off.... I have heard that some people have not been happy with there t-tops for various reasons, perhaps i just got lucky and got a pair that were made perfect. I was going to buy the one piece but heard they started making the two piece and oppted for those.... All i can tell you is that i am pleased with my t-tops...

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
you will get varied opinions on the 1-piece top.. some complain of wind and water leaks, and some love them.. I don t know why that is, unless maybe the early units sucked and the later ones were improved.. good luck , there are couple members with the 1-piece now

·
Registered
540 Posts
i have one laying here by my pool, if you were in honolulu i would GIVE you the damn thing...and no backsies ! the one piece is a piece alright...of you know what ! and, thompson basically comes across as "fark you, we got your money and youre all the way in hawaii--what you gonna do about it?"...single biggest waste of money i ever spent on this car. horrible cheaply made product, horrible customer service. i will NEVER purchase anything from them again, and i will tell anyone who will listen so for the rest of my life ! as far as im concerned, thompson astro tops can kiss my fat,sweaty,dimpled white AZZ .:mad5:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts