Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking out a 73 i found advertized locally he said it needs some work batt/ carpet installed
it's white with what he said was burgandy int must be the dark red they offered that year,
he said needs tlc worth a look i guess.

·
Registered
610 Posts
"needs some work"
"needs tlc"

Well, that's probably putting it the best way it can be spun. But, without seeing it I obviously can't say whether that '73 is worth the price. It will of course need some work, and you already know that. And it doeasn't sound like it's a worn out basket case, but in fact may have some things already in place and taken care of. What I can say is, if you are willing to put the time and some money into it, it could be a very rewarding and fantastic endeavour. I have had a white '73 for almost 24 years, and believe me it has been an experience full of blood, sweat, and tears--literally. And I wouldn't trade that for the world! To me the unique '73 body style is worth all you can put into it to achieve whatever you want it to be, whether that is fully restored, heavily modded, or something in between. I won't likely ever be able to sell mine for what I have in it, and I could do a lot more, but it is the way I like it and that suits me very well. It is likely you would run into unforeseen expenses but if your purpose is to just have fun and learn some things, and keep yourself busy, then go for it! It could be a great ride. But if you want something perhaps more reliable or less hassle, it might not be a bad idea to pass and get a more complete car. Only you can decide what is more important. Regardless, you will be able to find a ton of help and encouragement here (many more qualified people than myself here will always help you out), many fans of the '73 are members here, and there aren't a lot of those year running around. I very rarely encounter another '73 where I live. Best of luck and let us know what you find and decide!

Big T

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I won't likely ever be able to sell mine for what I have in it, and I could do a lot more, but it is the way I like it and that suits me very well.
does anybody ever get what they put into their cars ?
It is likely you would run into unforeseen expenses but if your purpose is to just have fun and learn some things, and keep yourself busy, then go for it! It could be a great ride. But if you want something perhaps more reliable or less hassle, it might not be a bad idea to pass and get a more complete car. Only you can decide what is more important. Regardless, you will be able to find a ton of help and encouragement here (many more qualified people than myself here will always help you out), many fans of the '73 are members here, and there aren't a lot of those year running around. I very rarely encounter another '73 where I live. Best of luck and let us know what you find and decide!

Big T
well said :thumbsup3:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
none of us will ever get near what we have in our cars..if resale value is most important, then don t buy a C3 or C4 or C5. buy a C2, their value is climbing fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts