Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well as some of you may or may not know I currently live in a suburb of Tokyo. Almost 3 weeks ago I got to watch both the Vette and the Honda Saber rock n' roll to what felt like maybe a 7 point sumthing quake. I was in the 89' quake that hit during the World Series and that sucker was just barely over 7.

Turns out it was later revealed to be an 9.0 but honestly from our distance from the epicenter it wasnt that bad - but it lasted forever like at least 45 secs. Vette came out unscathed!

As for the Nuclear Meltdown/Radiation fiesta, the news is playing it up pretty big but its not affecting our way of life. I guess maybe its time to change the air filter?

Anyways /salute to Chevy for making a sports car that can handle Judgement day!

:patriot:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hi guys,

Well as some of you may or may not know I currently live in a suburb of Tokyo. Almost 3 weeks ago I got to watch both the Vette and the Honda Saber rock n' roll to what felt like maybe a 7 point sumthing quake. I was in the 89' quake that hit during the World Series and that sucker was just barely over 7.

Turns out it was later revealed to be an 9.0 but honestly from our distance from the epicenter it wasnt that bad - but it lasted forever like at least 45 secs. Vette came out unscathed!

As for the Nuclear Meltdown/Radiation fiesta, the news is playing it up pretty big but its not affecting our way of life. I guess maybe its time to change the air filter?

Good to hear that you (and the Vette) are safe. I have friends over there myself. Scary for everyone involved.

I work in the Nuclear Industry, so the troubles over there are of a special interest to me in regards to the Nuclear Plants. A Watermark Event (absolutely NO PUN intended), it'll change the face of industry and "probably" harm the Nuclear Renaissance that the US was embarking upon.

Best wishes from the motherland!

·
Registered
836 Posts
The vette

Hi guys,

I'll Send U a Air Filter ..... :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hi guys,

Glad to hear you are OK! A new cabin air filter probably wouldn't hurt, but wait untill it really melts down, then change the engine air filter :eek2:

Good to hear that you (and the Vette) are safe. I have friends over there myself. Scary for everyone involved.

I work in the Nuclear Industry, so the troubles over there are of a special interest to me in regards to the Nuclear Plants. A Watermark Event (absolutely NO PUN intended), it'll change the face of industry and "probably" harm the Nuclear Renaissance that the US was embarking upon.
That was my first job ever! :) Systems Engineering at Vermont Yankee (Now part of Entergy Nuclear). I worked on MIC monitoring and on the air handling system. I'm happy to see that the pro-nuclear sentiment prevails within the government and I really hope we get a couple new plants up in the near future: it really is a great source of electricity, extremely rare incidents aside.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing the news from over there. Glad you and the Corvette are okay, best wishes from Florida. I hope the best for all over there.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Let us know if you start to glow in the dark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts