Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible can be seen on the Chevy website (or just copy and paste above into Google - sorry, not allowed to post links yet).

I may be biased, but this car is absolutely beautiful. Thoughts?
:drool5:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
it sure is

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
awesome car. since it is in a whole different price bracket from a C6 coupe, I'll admire from a distance.

·
Registered
703 Posts
One year only?

I really appreciate the 427 being offered in a convert but wonder if the C7 will offer this combo. Anyone have a clue as to whether this will just be a one year offering? How about the 427, period? Will the C7 have this option?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I really appreciate the 427 being offered in a convert but wonder if the C7 will offer this combo. Anyone have a clue as to whether this will just be a one year offering? How about the 427, period? Will the C7 have this option?
Last year for 427/LS7.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Nice! Just wished they'd offered the 427 vert a few years ago.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Got one ordered...

...and have no idea how I will pay for it... I am getting some money in October and had planned on a January delivery for a 427 convert but after reading above that this is last year for the 427, I decided to contact dealer again to make sure I was in line. He said (and I am looking to y'all to see if this makes sense) that his dealership had just been notified they would only get one and they had just ordered it for their inventory but could change the order to my requirements. I gave a deposit and he ordered it for me telling me it would come in Sept., which is way too soon for me. Could get interesting. I ordered cyber gray with gray roof and two-tone titanium interior and zero extra cost options.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
^^ are you selling your current vette?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not selling 2010

Nope and that is one reason paying for the 2013 will get interesting. I also bought a new 2012 something else a month ago... So, does what the dealer said about only getting one 427 Vert make sense?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I was reading Car & Driver yesterday and they had a write up about the Camaro ZLI,they claim it does 0-60 in 4 seconds and that the new Corvette GS runs 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.Guess that extra 800lbs did it in.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't see why you would want to keep both unless the vert is going to be a garage queen and you still drive your other vette in the snow. Add in a 2012 car and that's alot of money tied up in depreciating cars. If you put less than1k miles/year on the vert, maybe in 20 yrs it will still be close to what you paid.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Nope and that is one reason paying for the 2013 will get interesting. I also bought a new 2012 something else a month ago... So, does what the dealer said about only getting one 427 Vert make sense?
I would think that they'd be ordering several, but I guess it all depends on how few the factory will be turning out.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I would think that they'd be ordering several, but I guess it all depends on how few the factory will be turning out.
I do not recall seeing that the vert is limited edition.

As of today, Kerbeck, a large vette dealer in Atlantic City, lists eight 427 verts as being in stock and more on the way. With posted prices showing more than a 10% discount from MSRP, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of supply.
If I could sell my car for MSRP + mods, and buy the vert at the discount, I'd consider getting one. :lol:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dealers!!!

Monday the salesman said I had to order by 6 p.m. to get their one order changed to mine. Wednesday, I called to see if order went through and was told; "Yeah, both of them did". ???? "Other" order was also a sold order and salesman now says GM is limiting total and it takes a few days for GM to confirm they will build an order. ???? Sure sounds fishy.... Meanwhile, I got bad news on the money I had planned to pay for this with but will still try to pull it all off. Guys above do not understand why I would.... and that I should.... What I do is entirely my business and I am not "normal" and have four snow tires on my 2010 and have it raised some and it does well in snow and it will be my winter car and 427 will be my summer car and if that does not make sense... I don't care, but it sure sounds good to me!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I do not recall seeing that the vert is limited edition.

As of today, Kerbeck, a large vette dealer in Atlantic City, lists eight 427 verts as being in stock and more on the way. With posted prices showing more than a 10% discount from MSRP, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of supply.
If I could sell my car for MSRP + mods, and buy the vert at the discount, I'd consider getting one. :lol:
I only see that it's a 60th anniversary edition which would make it special in that regard, but I'm already at 700 crank hp... so the 427 power isn't needed. Next Spring, I will be maxing out my Vorctech V3 T-trim with a built 408. I just brought my duaghter another truck, but I am looking at perhaps adding an older model c6 Z06 to the stable soon. For me, if I was to spend 75k, then I'd just wait a bit longer and get the zr1.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts