Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Alex sold this SV forum AND has been sold to someone in Canada? Is that why the smokin bucks disapeared?
Just curious....

·
Registered
908 Posts
I heard that they sold last November or December. However, I have not received an email or seen any formal information on this. I've read tons of posts from other members about this and that's it.

I'm not sure about the Smokin Bucks thing. But it sure would be nice if the owner would be so kind to let the members of this site know what's going on. How hard would that be? A simple email or post would be appreciated and might take whole 15 minutes to compose if any thought is put into it... The new company needs to be more hands on with its members and COMMUNICATE with its members.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
I heard that they sold last November or December. However, I have not received an email or seen any formal information on this. I've read tons of posts from other members about this and that's it.

I'm not sure about the Smokin Bucks thing. But it sure would be nice if the owner would be so kind to let the members of this site know what's going on. How hard would that be? A simple email or post would be appreciated and might take whole 15 minutes to compose if any thought is put into it... The new company needs to be more hands on with its members and COMMUNICATE with its members.

:cheers:
It was sold to a big co-op of forums,that use us for marketing products.... the new admin. guy for SV is named Yung...and they removed your smokin bucks cause they were worthless.

·
Registered
908 Posts
It was sold to a big co-op of forums,that use us for marketing products.... the new admin. guy for SV is named Yung...and they removed your smokin bucks cause they were worthless.
That's my point. Why are the smokin bucks worthless? I have not seen anything about this.
I don't really care, but I would like to see a sticky on things like this for those us us that don't visit the forum everyday.

Oh well....

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's my point. Why are the smokin bucks worthless? I have not seen anything about this.
I don't really care, but I would like to see a sticky on things like this for those us us that don't visit the forum everyday.

Oh well....

Thanks!
Probaly because this isnt a family run place anymore.Its a big buisness dot com. You can also forget the great contests too. But I bet they will be willing to keep taking supporter money.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think obviously the forum started for the REAL love of Corvettes!!
Now.....I am guessing its a money thing??

·
Registered
908 Posts
Probaly because this isnt a family run place anymore.Its a big buisness dot com. You can also forget the great contests too. But I bet they will be willing to keep taking supporter money.
That's too bad that they chose to operate like this. Thanks again :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I heard that Alex sold this SV forum AND has been sold to someone in Canada? Is that why the smokin bucks disapeared?
Just curious....

Wow...thanks for starting this thread Theo, i had no idea that the site had been sold, although i don't frequent off topic either.

Wish they had posted in each gen to let us all know what was going on....oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
:wtf:

What happened to the " email to all " function from the mods or administrators?
Thats what the mods said, WTF!!!
We only found out moments before the public annoucement. An thats if we even logged in.

·
Registered
719 Posts
if they wanted to tell us publicly it should of been posted in every topic. I did not know till yesterday but I have noticed people that were regular posters have stoped & some have left and even took all they're pics down. I did notice a big change on the facebook page, up untill december there was action everyday and then nothing, I would think they would have posted it on there too.
I hope everyone thats left sticks around, but if everyone bails let us know were your going and we'll see ya there.

·
Registered
908 Posts
if they wanted to tell us publicly it should of been posted in every topic. I did not know till yesterday but I have noticed people that were regular posters have stoped & some have left and even took all they're pics down. I did notice a big change on the facebook page, up untill december there was action everyday and then nothing, I would think they would have posted it on there too.
I hope everyone thats left sticks around, but if everyone bails let us know were your going and we'll see ya there.
I agree and I think it would have gone over better if they had been honest up front rather than the BS that there doing now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts